Chapter 75

Under everyone's expectant gazes, after finishing lunch, Huanxue and Luo Yan headed to the kitchen to start preparing to make the cake.

The process of making the cake was quite time-consuming, and since Luo Yan didn’t know anyone in the kitchen, she called over whoever was available to help with the mixing and other tasks.

Everyone in the kitchen was aware that Grandmother cared for Huanxue the most, so when the son-in-law instructed them to work, they didn’t dare to refuse.

With help on hand, the process of making the cake became much easier. There were quite a few people in the Li household; when they came to the kitchen, there were around ten adults and children combined.

Luo Yan made two cakes, ensuring there would be enough for everyone to enjoy, with hopes that they would crave more delicious cakes in the future.

Once the cakes were ready, Luo Yan called for the kitchen staff to take the cakes to the front hall, along with spoons and plates. Luo Yan and Huanxue followed behind last, carrying a knife in their hands.

When they arrived in the front hall, the cakes were placed on the table under everyone’s eager eyes. As Luo Yan entered holding the knife, the atmosphere became a bit serious, and everyone turned their attention to her, curious about what she was planning to do with it.

They seemed to want to ask what she intended to do with the knife given their current expressions.

Taking in everyone's stares without paying them any mind, Luo Yan stepped to the front of the table and said, “This is what I just mentioned—the incredibly delicious treat I talked about. How many of us are here? I’ll cut it for everyone.”

Once Luo Yan finished speaking, several people relaxed a bit. Everyone exchanged glances, and one person spoke up, counting, “Thirteen people.”

With that number established, Luo Yan cut into one of the cakes.

Of course, she wouldn’t just cut it into thirteen pieces perfectly; what if one piece ended up too small and deprived herself of cake? That wouldn’t do!

Instead, Luo Yan cut the cake with four strokes, both vertically and horizontally— and she did the same with the second cake, which resulted in a total of sixteen pieces.

Once the cakes were cut, Luo Yan handed the knife to a maid from the Li family, asking her to take it back to the kitchen.

“Everyone, give it a try and see if it’s as delicious as I described!”

After Luo Yan finished speaking, Li Weiye called the servants to place the cake slices on plates and distribute them to everyone. The people at the table were mostly curious about the cake in front of them, which was only natural.

Wang Hongwen, on the other hand, was quite interesting. He wore a serious expression and looked at her with a hint of disdain in his eyes. Nevertheless, everyone ate the cake, and Wang Hongwen couldn't afford to lose face by refusing to eat it himself.

Luo Yan chose not to eat the cake yet and pushed a slice toward her wife. Huanxue noticed the cake being pushed toward her, turned her head, and smiled sweetly at Luo Yan, looking incredibly cute.

The cake was particularly favored by women and children, eliciting reactions that were quite different from those of the men.

**Afternoon**

Grandmother called Huanxue aside to her room, saying they hadn’t seen each other in quite a while and had much to talk about. Just before she left, Luo Yan pulled Huanxue to the side, and they exchanged a few words before she departed.