Chapter 92

As the end of the year approached, Huanxue’s birthday had passed, and both her grandmother and mother were preparing to return home. Though she pleaded with the elders to stay a few more days, she couldn’t sway them.

That morning, the elders packed their things, and Luo Yan, Huanxue, and her parents accompanied them to see them off.

Huanxue’s grandmother held her hand, watching her granddaughter tearfully say, “Why are you crying? It’s not like we won’t see each other again.” She then glanced at Luo Yan, pursing her lips with a smile, “Live well. If I get bored after the New Year, I’ll come over again.”

“Okay.”

“Don’t make that face. What do you think you look like?”

“Grandmother, I won’t cry anymore.” Looking at her mother and grandmother, she added, “Please be careful on the way back. Grandmother and mother, come to visit again after the New Year.”

Grandmother & Mother: “Alright, we’re leaving now!” They released Huanxue's hand and got onto the carriage.

As she watched the elders board the carriage, Luo Yan walked up to Huanxue and pulled her into an embrace. “Don’t worry, Huanxue. I’ve sent Hong Chun to secretly protect your grandmother and mother; they will definitely return home safely.”

Huanxue felt immensely reassured hearing her husband's words. “Mm, thank you, Husband!”

Luo Yan gently patted Huanxue on the head, soothing her. “Silly, if you miss them after the New Year, I’ll send someone to bring them back.”

“Okay.”

Thanks to the Shengya Business Association, Luo Yan had recruited many talented individuals. Hong Chun was sent to secretly protect the elders, accompanied by another person.

The task in Gulan Town was to purchase a shop, then hang the Shengya Business Association sign and establish a branch.

There hadn’t been much progress in investigating the Luo family's matters. To obtain substantial evidence, further investigation and patience were required.

Luo Yan kept a close watch on the Jiang family’s smuggling activities, with Cang Dong having people shadow them.

One day, Luo Yan visited her master for a heart-to-heart conversation, sharing her plans. She didn’t want to overthink it; she needed to convey that she wanted her master to mentor her in martial arts, awaiting his nod of agreement to proceed. As long as the message got through, that would suffice.

From that day on, after morning training, her master would come to the academy to teach the children martial arts. Consequently, Luo Yan instructed Cang Dong’s subordinates to also go to the academy to learn. How much they could learn would depend entirely on their own efforts.

As the year-end approached, the shop continued to operate as usual. Everyone lived nearby, and the new hires at the shop were organized into different shifts.

“Let’s head inside,” Luo Yan said to everyone. They all entered the building and returned to their respective rooms.

Seeing that her father and mother were getting ready to leave, Luo Yan took Huanxue’s hand and called out to them just in time. “Father, Mother, I have something to discuss with you.”

Father Luo & Mother Luo: “Alright.”

In Luo Yan’s study, she expressed her plans: “With the New Year approaching, our family is busy, and so are the workers. We need to arrange the New Year supplies in advance so that when the day comes, everyone can receive their share.”