Umbrella

A/N Sorry I haven't updated in a bit, but I was at my dad's house, and NO WIFI so yeah.

3rd POV

Garroth walked towards the subway, the busy streets of New York filled with pedestrians. The rain hammered down on his light blue umbrella, which protected him from the rain. The sky was a mixture of grey and black, despite it only being 6:00 pm.

Thus the joy of winter...

Garroth had enough of waiting for the large group of people to enter the subway station, and squirmed out, deciding to walk home. He passed by busy coffee shops, and empty bars, wishing he had somewhere to go.

Or someone to be with.

Suddenly, a light purple umbrella flew besides him, hooking onto his umbrella and flying away with it. Garroth became unprotected from the rain, and he ran after the umbrellas. 

Meanwhile, a woman was running through the streets of New York, following her dark purple umbrella, which had escaped her grip and flew away. She followed the purple umbrella, which wasn't hard when there was a sea of black ones underneath it. 

Garroth ran towards the light blue and purple umbrellas, catching up to them. They led him into an empty, dark alley. 

All of a sudden, they froze, and fell to the ground. The sudden stop cause him to slip on the wet cement, falling on his back. Another person fell on top of him, their face inches from his. Garroth let out a small groan, the pain in his back going away.

"Oh my Irene, I'm so sorry. I was just following my umbrella, and I slipped." A female voice filled his ears, and he squinted so he could see the face of this person in the dark. 

A woman with black raven hair and brown caramel eyes was getting up off him, dusting herself off. She quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him up, dusting his sandy blonde hair of the water it had collected when he fell.

"It's ok, really." Garroth said. The woman smiled sweetly.

"Oh, you're from O'Khasis? Cool!" She said, recognizing his accent. Garroth chuckled, shaking his head.

"I... Don't like to speak of that place." He explained. The woman bit her lip.

"Ah. Sorry if I opened up any unnecessary holes of the past in your brain." She said. Garroth raised an eyebrow, smirking. The woman lent her hand out.

"I'm Aphmau." She said. He took her hand, shaking it.

"Garroth." He said.

The two stared in silence at each other, the rain pattering down on them, until Aphmau looked behind him and widened her eyes.

"The umbrellas!" She shrieked, running past Garroth. 

He frowned at the pair of umbrellas, which were once again flying away. He followed Aphmau, and the two ran a couple of blocks until the umbrellas once again stopped in front of a coffee shop. Aphmau grabbed her umbrella, unhooking it from Garroth's and handing it to him.

"There. No more flying away now, right?" Asked Aphmau. Garroth smiled, nodding. Then, he looked into the coffee shop, and saw it was partially empty. He looked back at Aphmau and smirked.

"You know, it's pretty cold... Wanna grab a hot chocolate?" Garroth asked. Aphmau blushed, glad it was dark out.

"Sure. My treat." She said. Before Garroth could protest, she walked inside and put her umbrella in the umbrella stand. Garroth chuckled to himself.

She sure is something.

He then looked down at his umbrella, realizing it had led him to this woman when he was feeling lonely.

How did you...?

Garroth shook the thought off and walked in after Aphmau, also placing his umbrella in the stand.

A/N I actually liked that one! It's one of my favorites, and it is Disney related. There's a Pixar short called The Blue Umbrella. It's based somewhat off of that.

Anyways, I'll update as soon as I can!