Demons & Angels: 8

A/N I've been pretty mad as of late, with a friend of mine, and some haters on Wattpad, along with life itself. So sorry if this sucks.

Aphmau lay asleep, the rays of sunlight peeking through the rocks in her cave and shining down on her face. She opened her eyes and felt that she was back to normal. Almost out of instinct, she began to try and get her wings out, but she remembered that when the curse was cast, her wings had come off as well.

Instead of becoming sad, she placed a smile on her face and left her cave. Mornings were her favorite part of the day, as it meant a new day had arrived. A/N Lol, not me.

"Good morning birds, good morning trees." She said, smiling. Then, she looked to her side and saw a blue bird on his nest. A/N Most of you know where this is going.

Aphmau walked up to it and grinned. Then, she began to sing a little tune to it. 

"Aaahhhh!" She sang. The little bird tweeted back to her in a higher note.

"Aaahhhh!" She sang again, in a bit higher note. The bird once again tweeted back, but in an even higher note.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!" Aphmau sang, holding the note even longer and higher then the bird. It overwhelmed the bird so much, the high frequency caused it to expand and explode. Aphmau jumped at the popping sound, cringing slightly at the sight of no bird. Then, she looked inside the nest and saw a couple of eggs.

^-^{A Bit Later}^-^

Garroth and Laurence woke up to the sound of hissing. Garroth jumped up with a snake in his mind, but all he saw was Aphmau frying eggs in the hot sun on a rock. Garroth questioned it, but Laurence and his empty stomach simply grinned.

"Aw, thanks angel! These look delicious." He said, walking to her as she handed him a fried egg on a smaller stone. Aphmau looked up at Garroth, who had his arms crossed.

"Well? Don't you want some food? Or did you have a soul last night?" She asked. Garroth scoffed, rolling his eyes. Aphmau caught herself in her actions and sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry. Last night I was being.... Very rude. You did rescue me after all, and for that I thank you." She sighed.

Garroth smirked. "Thanks." He said. Then, he took the egg she made and began to eat it.

"And to apologize for my actions, I've also collected a basket of berries for the trip!" Aphmau cried happily, holding up a small basket full to the brim with blueberries. "And I've made you each.... A daisy chain!" She cried, standing up and placing a daisy chain over each of their necks.

"Wow! These are beautiful, Aphmau!" Laurence exclaimed, examining his chain.

"Oh..... Uh....!" Garroth groaned, waiting for Aphmau to turn her back on him. Once she did, he quickly pulled it off and threw it behind him.

Ten minutes later they were finished eating and started their way towards O'Khasis.

"So angel... I'm a bit surprised you didn't unleash your wings on me when you found out what I was." He said.

"Well... Maybe when my curse was cast it removed my wings permanently." Aphmau said silently. Garroth bit his lip, feeling awkward.

"Oh. Sorry." He mumbled.

"And maybe you shouldn't judge people before you get to know them." She included. Garroth frowned, not understanding why she had brought that topic up.

".... Ouch." Laurence muttered.

"I shouldn't judge people before knowing them?" Garroth questioned.

"Listen, I'm not going to let you tell me what's wrong and what's right, ok? After a lifetime of misery, things are finally going my way." She said, continuing her walk.

"Heh, life time of misery." Garroth chuckled, shaking his head. Aphmau froze, turning around and frowning.

"You chuckled." She accused.

"What?" Garroth asked.

"After I mentioned a lifetime of misery, you chuckled." She reminded him.

"Look angel, I'm sure it was very hard living in a tower guarded by Katelyn the Fire Fists—"

"It was."

"I'm sure.... But at least you had a cozy bed, and a roof over your head! Which is more then I had when I left home."

"You're not actually comparing yourself to what I went through?" Aphmau asked surprised.

"I'm just saying, you don't exactly fit the market for unhappy childhoods."

"There are things you don't know.... You know?"

"What, did you run out of shampoo a couple of times?" Asked Garroth, shrugging. Aphmau glared at him.

"I meant about my life!"

"You're life?! What, in that cushy tower of yours?!"

"Cushy? Are you kidding?" She cried, walking up to him, a frown on her face. "I had nothing in that tower. Fighting boredom by the hour. Angel Lonely walking circles. I had only... Bare essentials. An army cot, a hot plate and a chamber pot and, every morning I would boil it." She shrugged. "No choice, I had no toilet. Just a view of devastation out one window, isolation, in my bedroom. And very little headroom."

"Twenty years I sat and waited." She smirked. "I'm very dedicated. On the walls the days were added, luckily those walls were padded." Aphmau exclaimed angrily. "So, I think I got you beat."

"Oh, that was a sad story, but..." Garroth said, smiling. "I've heard better, I'm just saying. A for effort, thanks for playing! Sad to see an angel suffer. But I had it rougher. Like that time a mob of Angels burned my collar, see the scorches?" Garroth asked, pulling his shirt away from his neck, revealing red scars on his collarbone. "You're just whiny—I had a scarred neck."

"As I fled I had to wonder if I were torn asunder. Would a demon go to heaven?" Then, he looked at Aphmau and raised his eyebrows. "Did I mention I was seven?" He dropped his jaw in pretend shock. "So, I think I got you beat."

Aphmau narrowed her eyes. "No warm regards."

"No Christmas cards." Garroth frowned.

"And everyday—"

"Was hell on earth day!" He finished.

"Ok, top this! I missed my prom!" She said.

"My dad and mom sent me away... It was my birthday." Garroth countered back.

"Oh yeah? I was sent away on Christmas Eve." Aphmau said, smirking. Garroth growled. "Haha!" She laughed.

"Bare essentials, army cot, a hot plate and a chamber pot and, every morning I would boil it. No choice, I had no toilet. Just a view of devestation out one window, isolation in my bedroom. And very little headroom."

"No warm regards, no Christmas cards, and everyday was hell on earth day!" 

"TWENTY YEARS!" Aphmau cried.

"I missed my prom!" Garroth mocked.

"My dad and mom sent me away!" They yelled in unison. Then, Aphmau swallowed, realizing what just happened. Garroth widened his eyes, gulping as well.

"S-S-So...."

"S-S-So..." 

"I think I got you beat, I think I got you beat." 

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

They shared a look, smiling at each other.

They had something in common.

A/N Hey guys! Sorry I hadn't updated yesterday, but I've been busy. Also, I'm working on another book! Some of you may like it, and others couldn't care less. But it will be posted when the Demon & Angel series is over!

OH AND THE SONG IS CALLED I Think I Got You Beat SO GO LOOK IT UP AND SING ALONG, LISTEN TO IT, ETC.