Names

A/N I'll be honest, I have no idea where I got this idea from. It just came to me.

Aphmau lay in bed, her thoughts dancing in her mind.

How can I sleep? No one likes me anyways, is there even a point in sleep?

She huffed an angry sigh, pulling her arm out from underneath her. Her eyes scanned the detailed writing on her wrist. To a twelve year old, the simple name brought hope to her heart.

Garroth Ro'Meave

She remembered when her father told her the story of how one's soulmate's name was written on their wrist. For example, his read her mother's name, Irene.

How am I ever going to find such an unusual name? Should I even bother looking? All the others would just make fun of me.

Halfway across the country, 14 year old Garroth lay in bed staring at the writing engraved in his wrist, wishing he could see the face of the owner.

Aphmau

He sighed, knowing he wasn't going to be able to meet her until faith brought the two together. Vlyad and Zane had names of their own, which they refused to share with the family. He didn't blame them—having a President of the entire country for a father as overwhelming, especially when he could easily find the girl.

Have no doubt, Aphmau, I will find you myself.

Six years later, Aphmau traveled to O'Khasis from her hometown in Phoenix Drop. She had gone on a school trip with her friends, Molly and Kiki, for their graduation celebration.

"Hey guys! I found my soulmate!" Molly cried, grinning. Aphmau smiled meekly.

"Th-That's great, Molly... Where is Dale?" She asked, knowing his name. Molly pointed at a boy who was talking with his friends. Even from afar, she saw the name Molly written on his wrist.

"He lived in town the entire time! He just didn't go to our school. Thank Irene I went on this trip!" Molly sighed. Kiki smiled.

"How wonderful. Maybe you'll find your soulmate too, Aph." Kiki chimed. Aphmau nodded, smiling outside, but frowning inside.

"Yeah Aphmau! Maybe you'll find your soulmate, and I'll turn into a pig." The three spun around and went face to face with Azura.

"Can you leave us alone? We are trying to fantasize." Molly snapped.

"Well sorry to burst your bubbles, but Aphmau is not getting her soulmate found. She won't even let anyone see the name on her wrist!" Azura reminded them. The group behind her burst into laughter, and Aphmau simply tightened her grip on her sleeve. She held it tightly, not wanting anyone seeing the rare name.

"Aphmau will find her soulmate! Right Aph?" Kiki said.

"Yeah... Maybe... Come on, I think we're about to go inside the White House." Aphmau said, grabbing her friends and dragging them to the entrance.

The three girls entered the huge establishment, their mouths gaped wiopen and their eyes widened. As they were given a tour, many of them kept an eye out for the president himself, and some for his fabled handsome son.

"Excuse me! I think the president and his family are about to come outside. If we will all stay quiet, then we might get to meet them!" Their tour guide said.

The group buzzed with excitement as the tour guide talked with their teachers. Aphmau's expression didn't change though. She was a very naive person, never watching t.v. or getting involved with government. She didn't even know the names of anyone in the government except for President Garte.