Country Boy & City Girl: Ch. 7

A/N Before we begin, I'd like to explain something I'll be doing from now on.

Chapter or Ch. means it will be a long short story, like 8 or 9 parts.

Part or #_ means it's going to be a small short story, like two or three parts.

Just wanted to clarify, because I know the limit for chapters is 200, and I'm already past 100, so I'll have to make a new one. ILL NEVER QUIT THIS. EVER.

*at the age of 17* I HAD A WATTPAD ACCOUNT?!

___________________________________________

The day of Ellie's death had come.

Zane was trying very hard not to cry, letting small tears drop down his cheek every few minutes. He was kneeling down next to Ellie and stroking her ears. Ellie was breathing in deeply every five seconds, shaking softly and oinking quietly. Zane could feel his heart shatter everytime she let out an oink of pain. He'd pat her head and tell her it'd be all over soon.

Vlyad stood with Zianna, holding her hand and hugging his mother. Zianna was also doing her best not to cry, as she didn't want Zane to behind to cry as well. Vlyad was holding his mother's hand tightly, biting his lip and staring at Zane. He had never seen Zane care for anything so deeply. Not even his laptop.

Garroth and Aphmau stood side by side, Aphmau's mouth covered with her hand and Garroth's arm holding her softly.

".... This is so sad." Aphmau whispered quietly enough for only Garroth to hear.

"Yeah, well... This is Zane's first loss. I've lost so many chickens, it's hard to keep count." Said Garroth, sighing. "Vlyad lost two cows, but mom was always in charge of pigs. Zane was kept around the wheat until he got older. It's not like you're going to cry over a dead piece of wheat."

A/N I would cry...

Aphmau only sighed, pulling away from Garroth. "Have you ever lost a horse?" She asked, trying to get him to open up about Bullseye.

Garroth took in a deep breath. "Well I—"

"Mom!" Zane cried, seeing Ellie shake harder. "Mom what's happening?!"

Zianna pulled away from Vlyad and looked at Garroth and Aphmau. "Take him back home. Right now."

Garroth walked to Zane and stood in front of him, picking him up. Zane started kicking. "No! I want to see her away!" He yelled.

Vlyad glanced at Zianna, who shook her head no. Garroth lifted Zane over his shoulder, and Zane kept yelling.

"Stop! Let me go!" Yelled Zane, pounding his fists against Garroth's back. It was no use. Garroth was 17, and Zane was only 15. And even then, Zane was a lot weaker then Garroth.

Vlyad and Aphmau followed, leaving Zianna to stay with Ellie.

Zane never saw Ellie again. In fact, he didn't leave his room for a week except to use the restroom and to eat. Aphmau always knocked in the door and asked him to come out, but there would be no answer.

More weeks passed. Zane came back to his normal self, but would still stiffen up whenever they passed the grave.

Garroth, Vlyad and Zane were getting ready for the arrival of their father in only two days. Every piece of furniture was being dusted, every animal bathed, and every strand of hair untangled.

Aphmau was in a panic the day of Garte's visit, as she had not prepared anything formal. Only her purple summer dress, and that was apparently shunned upon in the country. She walked to Zianna's room and knocked on the door.