Demons & Angels: 13

Garroth walked back to his land with a bundle of wood in his arms. He was getting ready to build his wall, when a familiar color caught his eye. Garroth gaped his mouth open and dropped the wood in his hands when he saw an orange pair of ears and tail in his land. 

"What are you doing?" Garroth asked, walking up to Laurence. He was bent over, stacking wood and building a wall straight through Garroth's land. Laurence stood up, turning to face Gaeroth with a scowl on his face.

"I'd think you'd notice a wall when you saw one." Laurence responded annoyed.

"Yeah, but the wall goes around my land, not through it." Garroth said.

"Yeah, around your half."

"My half?"

"I did half the work, I get half the booty." Laurence said, crossing his arms.

"This is my land! You can't just—!"

"Oh there you go again! My my my, me me me. No wonder you drove Aphmau away!  All she did was like you, maybe even love you!"

"LOVE ME!?" Garroth snapped, curling his hands into fists. "SHE HATES ME! She thinks I'm dark... And soulless! I heard you two talking last night." Garroth said, pointing a finger at Laurence.

"SHE WASNT TALKING ABOUT YOU, SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT HERSE—Uh.... Someone else." Laurence yelled, catching himself in the middle of his sentence.

".... Really?" Asked Garroth. Laurence smiled, nodding.

"Yep."

"Who?" Asked Garroth.

Then Laurence frowned. "Nope. I'm not going to tell you. You never want to talk to me anyways!" Laurence reminded him.

"Laurence—"

"NO!" Laurence yelled.

Garroth sighed, looking at the floor. "Look.... I'm sorry, alright?" Garroth apologized. "I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you for helping me, or for being there for me when I needed you." He took in a deep breath, looking up at Laurence. ".... Friends?" He asked.

"... Friends!" Laurence said, lending out his hand. As Garroth took it, he pulled Laurence in for a brotherly hug.

"So who was Aphmau talking about?" Garroth asked once he pulled away.

"Well why don't you go ask her yourself?" Asked Laurence.

Garroth hit his forehead with the palm of his hand. "Laurence, the wedding! We'll never make it!" He cried.

"See, that's what you have me for! I know someone who can help!" Laurence said, grabbing Garroth's arm and pulling him towards the forest.

{A Couple Hours Later At O'Khasis}

Aphmau stood at the other side of the aisle, nervously waiting for the priest to marry her and Lord Zane. The sun was scarily close to setting,many she wanted it to be over with.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union between Aphmau, and Lord Zane. As the setting of the sun—"

"I'm sorry, but can we just skip to the I Do's?" Asked Aphmau, interrupting the priest. He looked at Zane, who nodded.

"Alright then. Do you, Lord Zane, take Aphmau to be your wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Aphmau—"

"I do."

"Yes I thought you might... Well then, by the power vested in me—"

"I OBJECT!"