Demons and Angels: 3

A/N Lol, I'm watching the new MyStreet video, and it's really funny. So if I seem off a bit, sorry. Remember, if there's font, then that's because it's sung in the original musical's storyline.

^-^{20 Years earlier}^-^

Seven year old Aphmau sat on her small bed, holding the fairytale book of Rapunzel in her hands. She became fascinated with the angel's stories, and the tales of their happy endings. She looked around at her dolls sitting on her bed, and smiled. Aphmau could not think of a better way to spend her seventh birthday then reading to them.

"Settle in girls! It's story time!" She cried, opening the book.

"There's an angel, in a tower." Aphmau said, scanning through the book. She gasped, smiling and looking at her dolls.

"Oh my gosh, that's just like me!" She cried.

"Poor Rapunzel needs a haircut... But the witch won't set her free." Aphmau sighed, looking out her tower window and remembering her parents.

"She passes time by singing... Like someone else I know. As years go by she sits and waits and as years go by—Uh oh." She said, getting to the dark part of her story.

"A torturous existence—I don't remember this part... She wishes she were DEAD!? SKIP AHEAD, SKIP AHEAD!" Aphmau cried, rushing through the book. Then, she sighed happily as the familiar artwork of Rapunzel and her prince getting married.

"But in the end Rapunzel finds a millionaire. The angel is good at climbing.... And braiding golden hair." She sighed, closing her book.

"So I know he'll appear, cause there are rules and there are strictures. I believe the storybooks I read by candle light." Aphmau said, turning to her large wall of books.

"My white knight, and his steed, will look just like these pictures." She convinced herself.

"It won't be long now, I guarantee." Aphmau said excitedly, running up to her chalk wall.

"Day number.... 23." She sighed sadly, walking to her window. She looked outside of it and eyed the trees of the forest.

"I know it's today.... He'll show up today." Aphmau said, resting her head on her elbows.

^-^{10 Years Later}^-^

Aphmau ran her finger along the bookshelf, trying to find another book. Her seventeen year old self had arranged the room in the tower over the years, and not only had she made nicer clothing for herself, but she had organized her books by alphabet.

"Oh, here's a good one! It's a classic." She said, grabbing the book with an apple on it and sitting down with her dolls once again.

"There's an angel with a coma." Aphmau read. She eyed her doll and smirked.

"Glad it's her instead of me." She mumbled, looking back at her book.

"Pretty maiden in a glass box.... How I wonder, does she pee?" Aphmau wondered aloud before shrugging and continuing the story.

"Blah blah blah blah poison apple boring boring evil queen. Filler filler, been there, read that, seven shorites on the scene. Skip ahead, skip ahead!" She said, flipping the pages. Then, the picture of the angel being kissed awake made her smile.

"But in the end the angel wakes up with a start. The prince is good at kissing... And melting Snow White's heart." Aphmau said, closing the book. 

"So I know he'll appear, and his armor will be blinding!" She cried, imagining her future prince.

"As shining and his perfect teeth, and manly wings. He'll propose, on one knee, and our prenupt WILL BE binding!" Aphmau said, getting aggresive when talking about their prenupt.

"About time we set a wedding date!" She chimed, walking to the wall of chalked tally marks. She sighed, seeing the newest number.

"Day number 3,608." Aphmau sighed, walking to her window. She looked back up, her fists clenched in confidence.

"I know it's today. He'll show up today!" She told herself, smiling.

^-^{10 Years Later}^-^

Aphmau woke up on her 27th birthday, feeling more without hope then usual. She eyed her wall of books and frowned.

"There's an angel, any angel, take your pick, they're all like me." Aphmau said, frowning as she got changed.

"Not exactly.... I'm still waiting! They're out living happily." She said a bit disgusted. Aphmau turned and began to pull out the Rapunzel book.

"Ever after better get here I want love in seconds flat. No one needs these little bits—" She said, opening the book. Aphmau was interrupted by the rip of a middle page.

"Whoops, did I do that...?" Aphmau asked, looking at the now ripped book. She smiled mischievously, and placed her fingers on another page.

"Cut the villains, cut the vamping, cut this fairytale. Cut the perils, cut the pitfalls, cut the puppet and the whale!" She cried, ripping all of the middle pages out of her book. Aphmau dropped the book and looked at the others. She grabbed Cinderella and tore it in half, before reaching for Beauty and the Beast and pulling all the pages out at the same time.

"Cut the monsters, cut the curses, keep the intros, cut the verses." Aphmau yelled, slamming the book down.

"And the waiting!" She yelled, falling to the ground in exhaustion. Then, a spark of hope lit in her, and she looked up.

"But I know, he'll appear, though I seem a bit bipolar." Aphmau said, biting her lip as she noticed all the torn book pieces on the floor.

"And I'm a vandal now as well... Hope he won't mind." Aphmau groaned, picking the books up and trying to put them together.

"I'm a fine. I'm a catch. And a very gifted bowler." She convinced herself, knowing that her knowledge of bowling went unnoticed many times.

"It won't be long now I guarantee." Aphmau decided, walking back to the wall.

"Day number..." She started to say, but then Aphmau noticed the huge amount of white tallies and lost hope once again. She looked up at the sky and prayed.

"Are there, Irene? It's me, Aphmau." Aphmau prayed.

"I know, he'll appear, cause there are rules and there are strictures. I believe the storybooks I read by candlelight. My white knight, and his steed, will look just like these pictures. It won't  be long now, I guarantee." Aphmau repeated to herself what she did everyday to regain her hope. Then, she looked back at the wall and felt herself getting sad.

"Day number 8,423." Aphmau felt herself get tears in her eyes as she noticed she had been there for twenty years.

"..... I know it's today."

A/N So most of you have gotten the storyline, so I might as well just tell you.

SHREK THE MUSICAL!

Yep, there's a musical on Netflix! That's what this is based off of! For now, I'll leave the original songs in the end of the entire series, because I've changed the lyrics and stuff so it'll fit the theme, but I'll leave the song title at the end. For example, this song is called I Know It's Today.