mashton

for genderneutralfolk

punk! michael never used cigarettes for nervousness, only because he liked the way smoke filled his lungs, but now he was, because how could he ask the most amazing boy to prom without, he doesn't know — puking or even running away — because he was so precious and fragile, he had been friends with the boy and broken him out of his shell a bit because he was just so quiet, so broken from previous relationships, so when he finally shakes out his hands and mutters encouragements to himself he walks up to ashton's locker with his small white carnations behind his back 'hey ash..' he mumbled and the smaller boy turned, his eyes filled and his eye incased in purple and michael gaped 'who the fuck did that to you?' he put the flowers in his locker so he could cup ashton's face, thumbs stroking his jaw as ashton cries, burying in his shirt and leather jacket and michael sighs 'tell me who, i'm gonna fucking kill them.' and ashton sniffles out carter, the biggest douche in the grade so yeah, michael makes him wait on his motorcycle outside with michael's leather jacket draped over his back, while he punches carter's face in, michael stumbling out twenty minutes later with his hair a little disheveled and the flowers now back in his fingers and he walks over to his bike, straddling it so he's facing ashton and he tilts his chin up, biting his lip and giving him the carnations 'so about prom, uh..' and ashton smiles and nods vigorously, tugging michael's jacket more around his shoulders.