Chapter 2 - Yi Sun-Sin's decision

Mooyeon's POV

"She may not live past the night."

"Try anything to save her"

"General... she isn't worth it..."

"That was an order!"

Where am I? I can't see anything. It's dark. Very... very dark.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

What was this? A nightmare? What were these voices?

Whatever I should not overthink it.

I looked at my photo on the nightstand again.

Yeah I was a happy little brat that time. I mean before Mum went crazy.

I grabbed my phone to check the time. 8 a.m... shit.

Aish! I'm getting late for school. Shame on you strange man who trespassed into my room yesterday!

I still didn't have an idea who that was. Maybe just a dream.

I skipped shower and changed into my school uniform quickly. What should I do? Class has already started. I don't want to go to detention. Creep into class? Whatever I'll try it.

Rushing downstairs I spotted Mum on the couch with her club dress. I searched for a blanket and placed it on her body. Why? Well, she is still my mother.

Now no time to lose.

I sprinted my way to school while remembering that we were going to write a test in history class today.

Guess who didn't learn for it. Okay no panic. What did we do last time?

The Kingdom of Goryeo. The dynasty was established by King Taejo and it lasted from 918–1392. His descendant Mokjong ruled the country under the influence of Queen Heonae, better known as Cheonchu TaeHoo. Mokjong's empire only lasted for 12 years until another descendant of King Taejo, Hyeonjong got the throne with the help of the highest General, Gangjo.

A/N: I really have no idea about Korean History and I was too lazy to do a research, so let's just pretend that these events did happen in real life OK?

During the attacks of the Khitan, the most notable group which fought against it were formed by the 7 JangGuns (Generals):

Kim Namjoon

Min Yoongi

Kim Seokjin

Jung Hoseok

Park Jimin

Jeon Jungkook

Kim... AH FOOOOOO!

A/N: Tadaa!!! Here they are! These are such modern names but what should I do? After this chapter I'm going to search a hole where I can hide and shame about myself!

There was no time left and I still only knew the half for the test!

I arrived at school and I was 30 minutes late. History class was going to begin in 15 minutes. It couldn't have been better (irony over).

I still had no clue how I should pass the test but whatever.

History has never been my favorite subject. Why should it even? I don't care about things that already happened and don't affect me. The people from the past don't have anything to do with me. In addition, all that happend were just wars and intrigues and wars and intrigues... and wars. Everything was about struggle for power. Boring! But really, didn't they have better things to do than that???

As I was climbing over the gates I noticed a light ray behind the school building.

Why would someone play with a flashlight at this time in our school garden? And why do I want to check it out?

Oh yes it's because I'm the protagonist of a cliché love story that's why. Shame on you author-nim.

Well guess I'll just skip school for today. Additionally, I could also blame this jerk with the flashlight for my late. Yep, that's my plan. Sorry jerk.

Entering the school garden I just recognized that no one was here.

"Anyone here?"

No reply.

I felt like a dumb.

But the light was still there and it was really bright.

Following the source of the light I could swear that I was at the front of the steel-door.

Oh no! There's no way I'm passing this door! I remember our principal threatening us with our lives if we ever dare to enter the other side. We aren't even allowed to imagine it.

And I swear, Principal Kim could be really, I mean really scary sometimes. I've never met him in person. I guess that's one reason why I don't want to meet him ever in this life.

Hmmm... but it seems to be so inviting. Did our principal hide something there? A treasure? Or maybe...  a corpse? Maybe Principal Kim is a murderer!

Should I do it? Should I not do it?

Forget it I'll just flip a coin.

Head – I'm going.

Tail – I'm leaving and rush to my class to get my punishment...

Oh please let it be Head...

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

15 minutes already passed since I was sitting on the grass cross-legged while staring at the coin, my hand supporting my chin.

"I know, Yi Sun-Sin (the guy on the 100 won coin) I'm going so stop looking at me like that..."

"I'm going.... I'm going.... I'll take a glance... Yes, I'll just take a glance to check what's in there and after that I'll just leave and pretend that I've never been here."

I took a deep breath and prepared myself.

I stretched my head into the light.

The most extreme things I was expecting were some Alice in Wonderland stuff happening to me.

But it's not just that I can't see anything. I also felt a wind dragging me into the other side.

Inside I felt as if I was falling slowly.

I saw no ground. The light was gone and I was surrounded by a bizarre room and the only things I could recognize were the stars around me.

The entrance disappeared.

"Does that mean I'm stuck in here for the rest of my life?"

"Someone make this hovering stop!"

♡Until this very moment I didn't have an idea that a coin could change my destiny that dramatically.♡