Chapter 98 - Fate and Destiny

Mooyeon's POV

"Oppa, why are you leaving?" the little girl asked.

"Oppa has to take care of some things. You have to be a good girl when I'm not with you, understand?" the man with the fedora hat squatted to the girl's level and patted her head.

"I don't want you to leave, Eomma will be angry again." the child pouted, looking down at the ground.

She really didn't want that man to leave her. He would be the only one comforting her whenever her mother scolds or abuses her.

"I will be back soon. You are a brave girl, aren't you?" he asked and the girl nodded even though she wasn't confident.

The man pecked the girl on the forehead and stood upright. He showed her a thumbs up before leaving.

I stood there besides the little girl, watching with her how the man's figure was getting smaller and smaller.

After all these dreams I still couldn't see this man's face. It was as if he was hiding it on purpose.

I looked down towards the girl and she looked at me as well.

It was the first time someone in my dream actually noticed me.

She gave me a gentle smile before I woke up from the sleep.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I did was trying to adjust my eyes to the light.

I was laying on the grass and analyzing my environment, I saw a steel-door in front of me.

I stood up, even though it was a little bit difficult to do so because of the headache.

Walking to the door, I noticed a coin on the ground.

How do coins exist in this time?

I picked it up and recognized that it was a 100₩ coin.

"No way..." I murmured to myself and walked more sloppy steps to find answers.

"I know this place.." my eyes began to recognize this huge modern building in front of me as I walked through my old school garden.

My memory came back the more familiar places I pass by.

"How did I get here all of the sudden?" I asked myself while holding my head with both my hands.

"Mooyeon!" I heard someone call me from behind and I got startled.

I turned around and there was a girl looking at me in shock.

She approached me and smacked me on my arm.

"Where have you been the last 4 periods? I was worried! And... what is that? Is this... cosplay?" she eyed me from head to toe and I looked down at myself in confusement.

Indeed, she was wearing a school uniform while I was in my Hanbok.

"Ha... Haeun?" I said carefully, I really wasn't sure if she was it or not.

"No, I'm Kim Taeyeon. Of course, I'm Haeun. Anyways, just to let you know. Today we can do the school project in my house. My parents aren't at home today." she laughed, making a peace sign.

Kim Taeyeon? Wait, where is Taehyung right now?

"What's wrong with you? Are you sick? You look so pale, as if you just saw a ghost or something." she looked at me with a worried expression.

"I'm alright, don't worry." I said, still confused of the current situation.

"If you're not sick then I suggest you to go to the teacher's office. Mr Park wants you to write the test as soon as you show up again. He wasn't that happy to see your seat being empty, you know?" she told me and I didn't really care what she said.