Chapter 41 - Letter

♧A/N: OK, for those of you who are wondering about Vincent's outward appearance. Well, I can only say that when I created this character I was thinking of Will Turner, hehe^^. But I'm not sure if that even fits. So, you decide.♧

Mooyeon's POV

So, one week passed since Taehyung and the others left the palace for their work.

I didn't have a good feeling, considering that Heechul is somewhere in the palace where I couldn't know what he's up to.

And then there's Earl Magot...

◇Flashback◇

"But you know, I really enjoyed carrying the person I like." he said.

OK, he just did have to say that in Korean, didn't he?

Looking at my servants they were all looking at me in a strange way. I had to admit, I would do that too if my master brings another man on the day her boyfriend left for work. And he woud even be absence for about half a year.

"Earl, is it one of your jokes again? I don't think that I understand what the fun point is." I awkwardly said.

You see? I have nothing with him! Just stop imagining things.

"I just said that it was a joke last time to hide it from your friends. But I do really like you. It's not a joke." his hand is reaching for my face.

"I'm really honored, Earl." I hold his hand to stop whatever he was trying to do. "You're a really nice person, but I..."

"You want to thank me because I helped you, right?" he cut me off and leaned even closer to me.

I stood up because he was getting closer and closer to me. "I am thankful and I would do you a favor if you ask me for one. It's just..." I became even more nervous by each step I had to make.

"You would?" he said in excitement and grabbed both of my hands which were ready to push him away.

"It's just... I already have someone I love!" I finally said.

People are watching for God's sake!

Just at that moment Hyangin's voice interrupted us, telling me that Yoongi came for a visit.

"Tell him to come in!" I ordered.

I didn't know why I did that. I think I just hoped Yoongi would bring me out of this situation.

Since Yoongi came in, it was finally easier for me to escape from Vincent's hold.

"Mooyeon, Namjoon told me that you were in trouble before?" was the first thing he said but then he noticed Vincent's presence. "Oh, I didn't know that the Earl was here, too."

"It's ok, Yoongi-DaeJang. I was about to leave but may I tell Mooyeon one last thing before I leave?" Vincent asked with a bright smile.

Since Vincent was in a higher position than Yoongi there was nothing else to do but to agree.

After making sure that Yoongi couldn't hear us Vincent faced me again with his warm smile.

Well, looking at that smile I didn't think he was a bad person. I know I said that about Heechul, too. But this was something complete different.

"I just want you to know, Mooyeon, that you misunderstood me. I really like you but not in that way you think. You don't seem to be an ordinary girl so I just want to get to know you more. I want to ask you to be my friend." he calmly explained.

So... I misunderstood him? OK, that was embarassing.

"Well, I'm ashamed of my behaviour. I would really like to be friends with you." I awkwardly accepted his request.