Chapter 25 - Mansae

A/N: Let's play 'Find V'. I didn't find him haha. Too bad.

Mooyeon's POV

It was the day of King Hyeonjong's coronation.

The ceremony will begin in an hour and I was getting ready for it.

I still had problems with the wound but as long as I don't move my arm too much I should be able to take care of myself on my own.

I took a last glance at the 'mirror' if you can call that thing in front of me one. Due to the yellowish material they used I could barely see myself but it was enough to fix my clothes in place.

I tilted my head by the sight in front of me.

I think I got used to the robe I wore during my time of recovery. It's a little bit awkward to see myself in an uniform they sewed for me.

"That's no longer my school uniform. It's rather a 'prophet uniform'." I murmured to myself.

As long as the people don't stare at my legs I think I'm fine with it.

Taking a deep breath I stepped outside where I saw the boys waiting for me. To my surprise, I saw Jimin but Hoseok was missing.

"Hey Mooyeon! How do you feel?" Jungkook asked right after he noticed me, earning a glare from Taehyung.

Namjoon knocked Jungkook on the head jonkingly and pointed out that Taehyung should have been the one to worry about me.

"It doesn't really matter, Namjoon. I'm happy that you came by. But where is Hoseok?" I asked.

Taehyung was about to talk but Yoongi was faster than him. "He's already there. He didn't want to show up because he still hasn't the courage to face you. You know... because he was the one who accidentaly shot at you."

"Could you at least let me say something to her?!" Taehyung complained.

What Yoongi said made me feel sorry for Hoseok. "I think I'll talk to him later. It really wasn't his fault."

"How is your wound? Did you change the bandaid and the medicine daily as I told you?" Seokjin asked, worried. He indeed is a professional doctor.

"Hyung!" Taehyung shouted like a child. "Now only Jimin and I would be the last!"

"Are you sure you're able to participate on the ceremony? Isn't it better to stay in your bed?" Jimin finally asked.

Taehyung seemed as if he was ready to crash his head on the pillar.

I think this should show his manly side? I don't understand why he's overreacting like that but's it's cute.

"Don't worry about me, the wound healed quite well and the fact that I'm able to walk around shows that it shouldn't be that difficult to just be there. Besides I really want to witness a coronation ceremony myself." I answered, still not minding about Taehyung.

"Okay, but don't get too exited." Seokjin claimed.

"Yes if you don't feel well just go to Seokjin straight away." Namjoon added.

"Straight away!" Jungkook emphasized.

"I will!" I took a glance at Taehyung to see his expression.

He gave up. His face told me that he completely gave up. As if it was his precious baby he just lost.

I couldn't help it, I was grinning like an idiot and everyone exept him also noticed it.

Now we were all holding our laughs, looking at each other.

I turned towards Taehyung and raised myself on tiptoes to reach his height.

I gave him a light peck on his cheek then and went ahead quickly, feeling embarassed of what I did.

"My heaven you did it on purpose, Mooyeon!" I heared him shout from behind, followed by an escalated laughter by the others.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

The ceremony was held really solemny and it was just prosperous.

The palace was filled from the inside to the outside and all of us were gathered together.

Hyeonjong came in slowly and elegantly passing by all his inferiors who welcomed their new King.

I was standing some steps higher and a little bit closer to the throne than the others symbolising my rank for the King.

Guess I'm allowed to feel special.

The King arrived at the front and the lead eunuch announced the coronation.

"Ancestors of Goryeo, hear me. TaeJa Hyeonjong, descendant of our 6th King, Seongjong, will be the next King. I notify all citizens of Goryeo that I'm holding the enthronement order in my hands. Hyeonjong JeonHa has become the 8th King of Goryeo. Everyone will accept the new King."

With that he handed JeonHa the imperial seal and crone. This was most likely the most important moment of the event.

This was the moment they waited for. The boys all were really happy but had to hold their emotions for this significant moment. I was also happy for them. They finally reached their goal. They fought for this moment for years.

It looks like Jimin and Jungkook are so touched they got the urge to cry." I whispered to myself.

JeonHa turned toward all his inferiors with the symbols of his power and began to speak to the whole country.

"I, Hyeonjong of Goryeo, accept the great honor to hold the imperial seal in my hands. I will use the power the seal gives me to offer my citizens the best Goryeo they can enjoy. I will make sure that our country is protected and no other country dares to be a threat to us. I will establish a basis for Goryeo's power to last for generations. I ask for your support to open up a new sky for Goryeo!"

The whole country showed their respect and acceptance towards their new ruler.

I'm sure Hyeonjong will be a good King.

It happened just as expected and as written in history books: In the year 1009, year 91 of Goryeo, Hyeonjong became the 8th ruler of the Goryeo dynasty in Korea after his cousin Goryeo Mokjong got dethroned.

After his speech all the lords, the servants, the guards kneeled down and greeted their new King and I did the same.

I've heard that they made the citizens outside of the palace do the same at the same time.

"May blessings and peace be with JeonHa. May JeonHa enjoy health and happiness forever!" Finishing up the ceremony, everyone shouted in unison.

"Mansae, mansae, man, mansae!"

A/N: No, author-nim is not kidding. "Mansae" means 10000 years in Korean and this "Mansae, mansae, man, mansae" thing just indicates that they all wish the King to have a long life, hoping it could last for 10000 years -> 'Mansae'. Well, let's say as long as possible.