Chapter 76 - Maid Costume

Mooyeon's POV

Some months passed again and my tummy was already really obvious.

Kang DaeBoo said that the baby was growing healthily and that I should just continue my eating habits and do some light sports from time to time.

I didn't talk much with Vincent. Whenever he wanted to spend time with me I would let Hyangin tell him that I wasn't feeling well from the pregnancy.

He accepted this lame excuse but I was sure that he will become impatient soon.

Even though I expected Hyangin to be by my side most of the time I didn't get to see her that often.

I was curious of what she was doing all the time but she never gave me a proper explanation. I just don't believe that she's cooking all day.

The one who was with me nonstop was the guard though. I started to think that my life here also wasn't that bad as long as he's there.

He listens to everything I had to say, comforts me everytime I was upset, even though he couldn't talk.

Somehow, he replaced the position of Taehyung. I began to feel guilty for having such a good connection with the guard while I should only have a spot for Taehyung in my heart.

I did try to ignore the guard, to treat him like a guard I don't have interest into. But whenever I see him I would end up talking to him, telling him how my day was, how my mood was.

He wasn't a guard, he was a friend.

I didn't know what he looked like because he refused to show me his face.

But, I know his name.

Flashback

"You really don't want to show me your face?"

He held his mask tightly, afraid that I would rip it off from his face.

"Come on, I'm sure you won't look bad. You're so kind and nice to me, I'm sure you're handsome." I tried to convince him but he still was stubborn.

"Lady Mooyeon, you shouldn't force him." one of the maids told me.

"Hm? Why?" I asked not getting their point.

"Earl Magot's guards all have a big burn mark on their face, signifying that they are bound to his command. I'm sure he doesn't want to scare you with the face." she explained and I loosened my grip from the mask.

"That's cruel..." I murmured, feeling sorry for him.

He lightly bowed to me, being thankful for my sympathy.

"Then, at least let me know your name. Do you have one?" I asked him, tilting my head.

Come on, you should at least have a name.

He became nervous and decided to shake his head.

"You don't?" I widened my eyes. "Then let me give you one." I stood up and went to the table, calling the maids to prepare the ink.

"So what should we pick?" I asked while playing with the brush.

The maids began to giggle, making me confused.

The guard reached his hand out for my cheek to wipe the ink from my face that I just applied on.

I stood there like frozen by this surprising movement.

Did I just feel something for him? No, I can't!

I shrugged this thought off quickly and began to think for a name.