Chapter 26 - Exile

Mooyeon's POV

"I will never forget this day. We've come this far and it's all thanks to you." JeonHa bowed to us but without losing his authority.

The ceremony was over and we were having a banquet together.

Only people JeonHa trusted had the honor to join the table and I even got the chance to sit besides princess Hyeonju.

"I should especially give thanks to one person." JeonHa continued. "Mooyeon." he suddenly called my name, catching my attention.

"Y... yes?" That wasn't the best respond I should have given, of course.

I got used to be among the lords and JeonHa but to be honest his new identity really makes me be a little bit afraid of him.

"Mooyeon is the one who gave the most precious contribution by telling us the real identity of my cousin. Thanks to her this truth finally could be revealed." JeonHa stood up and lifted his wine. Soon everyone was doing the same.

Being the King must really be another feeling. No one dares to sit while JeonHa was standing.

I also stood up and lifted my tiny cup of tea to show him my respect.

"I really didn't do much. I don't deserve such a praise, JeonHa." I tried my best to maintain my humility.

"The lady doesn't have to be modest. We all know and acknowledge your great effort for our JeonHa." Gangjo said loudly. "I appreciate your courage and also express my fullest thanks to you."

"I'm sure that JeonHa will be a great King for Goryeo and that the dynasty will last for a long period." I said.

Well, I knew that it will happen.

"Let's all drink a toast to our prophet!" JeonHa suggested and everyone obeyed.

After we all emptied our cup we got back to our seat to continue until Gangjo announced something.

"May I get the permission for a little disturb? Actually, I have a gift for JeonHa to make this day even better than it already has been."

Gangjo clapped his hands to signal the servants which made us all curious about what his so called 'gift' might be.

It didn't take long and to our surprise we saw four soldiers dragging TaeHoo and Mokjong into the hall.

"We caught these scums so JeonHa can finally let them be executed for their crimes." Gangjo declared.

This Gangjo indeed is an impressive JangGun. He could find only two persons in this big country. I underestimated him.

I looked at the two captives struggling on the ropes they were tied up with.

Seeing the ones who almost took my life sended me chills down my spine.

I looked at Taehyung and he seemed like as if he was trying his best to not let his anger come over him or else he would kill them as soon as possible.

"Well, you may do as Gangjo said." JeonHa ordered.

As Gangjo said? Does he mean executing them?

I saw everyone nodding in approvement as if it was the most normal thing ever.

It just didn't seem right to me.

I didn't know what exactly gave me the courage but soon as I realized it I already made an objection.

"Wait JeonHa!" I called so all in the hall could hear me.

I stepped to the front and sank to my knees, leaning forward so my face was towards the ground.

I was thinking and thinking while my eyes were wandering around. I saw that the boys were really worried for me, wondering what I was planning to do.

What kind of attitude should I show? Fear? Obedience? No, only tyranns want their netizens to fear them. Real and good Kings seek to receive acknowledgement.

"I'm truly sorry, JeonHa... But they can't be executed." I said loudly and full of determination.

"You have some guts!" Gangjo shouted punching hardly at his desk which made me flinch. "Who do you think you're talking to?"

This made Taehyung panic so he rushed to my side and kneeled down as well.

"Please JeonHa. I beg you to forgive her. She hasn't been in our world for a long time and isn't familiar with the rules in the palace yet. I will teach her as soon as possible so a situation like this will never happen again." he pleaded.

Soon the other boys also kneeled down to support me. "Please JeonHa, give her another chance." they shouted in unison.

"You guys, get up first. I haven't even said something yet." JeonHa demanded and they could do nothing but obey. "Tell me, Mooyeon. Heonae and Mokjong fooled the whole country to own the imperial seal. They lied to my father, King Seongjong and even killed my mother, Queen Heonjung. And lastly they even kidnapped you, tortured you. You almost lost your life because of them. Why would you want me to spare their life?"

Damn that are many arguments. But there's no way back anymore.

"I know, JeonHa." I began. "They commited enough crimes that you could sentence them to death for ten times. No one would have any objections and it would be only fair. But they and Princess Hyeonju are the only blood relatives you have left. There's nothing more cruel to kill his own family. If you execute them today you wouldn't be any better than Queen Heonae who killed her sister back then."

"JOO MOOYEON!!!" I heard Gangjo shout. Oh shit he was so nice minutes ago. I just had to ruin it.

Watch your mouth, Mooyeon. You're getting yourself in more trouble. I hope I didn't drag Taehyung or the others in it.

"Do you know that you're doing a really dangerous bet?" JeonHa asked with a serious face.

"My only trump card is JeonHa's kindness!" I shouted and my answer made JeonHa... laugh?

Turned out that JeonHa also didn't really want to kill his aunt and cousin. He seemed to have enjoyed my performace quiet much.

"I really have never met a lady that brave like you, Mooyeon. Don't worry, I will set them free. They are going to be exiled to another place far away from the palace where they will live a normal life. Are you alright with this solution?" he asked me, forming his kind smile again.

"Of course I am." I stuttered, not believing that it could be that perfect.

The soldiers brought Heonae and Mokjong away but before they left they bowed to me without saying a word and Taehyung also asked a question.

"Where is Heechul?"

"He fled. We had been hiding together until being found and he took his chance to leave. I don't know where he exactly is." Heonae answered.

They continued walking but stopped by the door.

"Be careful while Heechul is still out there. He wouldn't let go so easily."

That was the last sentence I heard from Queen Heonae or Cheonchu TaeHoo.

Unknown's POV

This stupid kid, how dares she to show up and plead for mercy?

Such an abundant act. What is she thinking?

If it wasn't her these two bastards would already be on their way to death!

♡Just wait, Joo Mooyeon. I'll make you pay for that.♡

A/N: Haha any ideas who this mysterious person could be?