Chapter 85 - Evil

Hyangin's POV

I looked at the blade of the sword and recognized the initials that were engraved on it.

'VM'

"Earl Magot... I... I can explain. Heechul forced me to do this. He said that he would kill me if I ever disobey him. I didn't have any choice." I nervously stuttered.

"What did Heechul demand from you? I want you to tell me everything. If not, I will kill you in an instant." he moved the blade closer to my throat which scared me.

"He wanted me to bring the child to a place where I can kill it without you or your spies noticing it. He... he also wanted me to bring him the corpse later so he could do whatever terrible things he wanted. Like chopping it up, ripping the skin out... or suctioning all the blood. He wanted to do that to torture Lady Mooyeon... and... and..." I hesitated at the last part, remembering that Earl Magot was still thinking that Taehyung already died.

"And who?" the voice urged me and I became even more horrified.

"And Taehyung! Kim Taehyung! He isn't dead. Mooyeon betrayed you, she saved Kim Taeyung even before I came into the mansion."

Mentioning that, I suddenly got the idea how I could convince Vincent to spare my life and began to chuckle.

"Earl Magot." I called, much more confident than before. "You shouldn't be here, threatening me. I mean, isn't it better for you to ask Lady Mooyeon? She hid that many things from you, enough for you to even kill her. I really don't understand why you all love her that much. She doesn't even like you the slightest bit. Why don't you just kill her? And this baby here, sorry to disappoint you but nothing ever happened that night. You were just hallucinating everything after she drugged you with a needle she received from Kim Seokjin. This child's real father is no other than Kim Taehyung. Don't you want to thank me and Master Heechul for planning to kill it?"

There was silence between us for a while until the sword finally left my shoulder and I could turn around to face the Earl.

But in front of me wasn't Vincent but the guard with the mask on.

"Jeon Jungkook..." I murmured to myself, already thinking for a way to make him keep this as a secret.

"You're wrong." the man said and began to remove the mask, revealing the face of...

"Taehyung!?" I shouted out loud.

He was glaring at me, not saying anything but waiting for me to find an explanation.

"Taehyung... I... why are you even here?" I became even more nervous and kneeled down immediately. "Look, Heechul was behind all this and hid your child from you and Lady Mooyeon. Now, he wants me to kill the baby but I couldn't do that. I'm glad that you're here. You must bring him to safety!"

"Stop acting, Hyangin. I heard everything you just said." he said coldly.

"That was... that was because I thought you were Vincent Magot. I just pretented to be..." I tried to explain and shook his arm, pleading him to believe me but I knew that that was useless.

"Hyangin, then tell me in all honesty... Why are you here with my son and why did you want to suggest Vincent Magot to kill the child and even my wife?!" he yelled at me and I gave in.

I looked down for a while until I finally looked at his face, clapping my hands as I gave up the acting.

"Congratulations, Kim Taehyung." I stood up slowly, not giving him the normal innocent face as always. "It took long for you to find out."

"Why did you do that all?" he asked me in frustration.

"Why?" I chuckled ridiculously. "What should I do? How should I get rid of Joo Mooyeon otherwise? With her still existing you will never realize how much effort I do for you!"