Chapter 74 - Silent Protection

Mooyeon's POV

I read the poem while the guard silently walked away and I had to run after him.

I reached the door right after he closed it and I stood there, my nose almost touching the wood.

Somehow, I just had the feeling that he was still standing on the other side.

"Wait please. I can fully understand your feelings. I really do. I know, I must have hurt my husband's feelings by leaving him, I betrayed him in a way. I admit it. I admit it all. But... It's not like I don't feel the pain from our separation as well. I would rather kill Vincent and escape with Taehyung to have a normal life with him forever. But I know that this would never work. I want him to live, I don't want him to sacrifice his life for nothing. As long as I'm alive and as long he's alive there is still a bounding between us, don't you think? Now, he even has a child who's waiting for him. I'm sure he can be happy again after seeing his it. He told me that he would love it as much as he loves me."

I couldn't hear anything from the other side so I assumed that he walked away and I leaned myself against the door.

"I still don't know your name." I pretended as if the guard was still standing there.

"Next time when you visit me I have to think of a name for you." I smiled.

I took the poem again and read each line over and over, trying to get more deeper into the guard's heart.

"Seems as we aren't the unluckiest, Taehyung." I talked to myself.

To my surprise the door opened again and I was expecting that the guard came back but instead, it was Heechul.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my expression changing dramatically.

"Nothing." he walked around my room, touching random things as if he was in his own house. "I wanted to pay you a visit. You know, we have so much experiences together." he smiled.

"I have nothing to talk with you." I turned away, not bothering to look at this face.

"You don't want to accept my congratulations?" he made a sad face while walking towards me. "You're breaking my heart, Mooyeon. Don't you think I could add some luck to the baby?"

"Don't touch me!" I slapped his hand away that was approaching my stomach.

"Oh, that protective? I should be thankful for my Master. You're taking good care for his child... of course... as long as it's really his child." he smirked and earned a glare from me.

He was already suspecting it? What should I do? If Vincent ever finds out there's no way my child could be born alive.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I hypocritically smiled at him.

"Is that so? Then it must be Master's child, I guess. I'm wondering how Taehyung would react if he finds out."

Does he even know that Taehyung's still alive? Is there something he doesn't know? But if he knows it, why didn't he tell Vincent?

"Taehyung is dead. You killed him, did you forget?" I asked. There's no way I would fall into his trap.

"Only I am allowed to kill him. I won't let anyone, my master included, to do something to him because it is my task to cause him misery and pain." he glared dangerously and I remained silent.

"I maybe should start with you. I mean, if I do something to you, hurt you or your child for example... wouldn't it hurt Taehyung even twice that much?" he bent his upper body down at me in order to stare holes through me.