Chapter 42 - Surprise for Jin

Taehyung's POV

"Taehyung-DaeJang! I want to report that we just captured another 5 Khitans who were dining in a cheap eating-house!" one of my soldiers informed me.

"Well done. You may come in." I ordered, letting him enter my tent.

"Are there any casualties?" I asked him.

"Only a few citizens who slightly got injured during the little fight. Seokjin-DaeJang already sent some people to take care of them."

"Alright. After that we're going to make sure to recover their losses. By the way, are there any letters from the messenger?" I asked.

It's been already 2 weeks since I came here. Mooyeon should have already read my letter. I was wondering why there were no replies.

"Yes, there are. But they all were handed to Jimin-DaeJang." he answered.

To Jimin? He wasn't responsible for the letters. Why would he take them all?

"Alright, you're allowed to leave now." I said and with this the soldier bowed to me and left my tent.

I finished some paper work quickly to head to Jimin's tent.

It didn't take long since I just had to create a daily plan of what my troop has to do on the next day and because this task isn't complicated in general there was nothing I have to tell my soldiers to do specifically and in much detail.

I would just make a timetable for each subgroups and they would fulfill the tasks properly without me supervising them except during their trainings.

Thinking about it again it was really unnecessary to send 5 of us. I mean, it would even be enough if only one of us came here.

Arriving in front of Jimin's tent I saw one soldier getting out of the tent in a rush as if he just saw a ghost.

"I'll never dare to do this mistake again!" I heard him shout when he stood up after tripping by the entrance.

I smiled knowing that he's been scolded by Jimin for sure.

I entered the tent to see an angry Jimin leaning his left hand on the table while the right one was rubbing on his temple.

"Strict as always?" I casually reached for the pot to pour him some hot tea in order to calm him down a little bit.

"You have to be that strict if you want your people to listen to you. Especially if he let one of these rebels escape. Why are you asking after all? I learned that all from you, didn't I? Or did your woman make you that soft that you even forgot how to be the leader of all these subjects?" he snatched the cup aggressively and glared at somewhere.

"Of course not." I said, crossing my arms. "I still punish my men if they do something wrong. Also punishing them whenever they do something right so they'll remember it better."

We both chuckled a little about our manner of leadership until I came up with the question if there were any letters from Mooyeon.

I saw Jimin's face change abruptly and I knew that he was hiding something.

"There weren't any letters for you. Only one from JeonHa and one from Princess Hyeonju for Hoseok and other letters from family members of our soldiers." he explained.

I didn't believe him. There's no way other letters would have arrived and only Mooyeon's didn't.

"Don't lie to me, Jimin. Where is Mooyeon's letter?" I asked getting serious.

"There is no letter from her! Just accept the fact that she didn't reply to you, would you?" he harshly said.

"She did! Even if she didn't receive my letters there's no way she wouldn't write me! Hyung! I call you Hyung because I respect you. Just give me the letter."