Chapter 71 - On the Bench

Mooyeon's POV

I was walking around the street of my old neighboorhood. I was still wearing traditional clothes but I didn't wonder why no one asked or stared at me because of it.

Following a little kid, I looked at all the buildings around us. The little girl held the mother's hand and was giggling happily.

The girl and the mother didn't even notice me while I was just silently following them and looking around at the buildings that were still familiar to me.

The mother brought her daughter to a grocery store and took one little bottle of banana milk which the girl gladly took.

A young man with a fedora hat entered the store as well after a while. He looked how cute the girl was and kindly decided to pay for the banana milk.

She thanked the stranger who patted her head without saying much and the girl loped with her favorite drink in her hand out from the store.

It's strange that I've been dreaming only about the 21st century recently.

I sighed and stood up, only to be surprised by the same guard from yesterday again.

I got flustered a little bit but didn't blame him that hard.

"Didn't I just complain about you yesterday?" I frowned.

He didn't say anything but lowered his head, this time not that nervous as before.

I almost forgot that he couldn't speak.

"Hyangin!" I called but no one reacted.

"Hyangin!" I raised my voice and Hyangin finally entered the room looking like she was in a rush.

"Yes, Lady Mooyeon?" she asked through her panting.

"Where have you been?" I asked her, wondering why she's been absent so often these days.

"I was just preparing breakfast for you." she explained in a strange way.

"Preparing breakfast?" I repeated, not completely believing her.

"I don't have the appetite today. Give it to the maids. They can have it." I told her, making her disappointed.

"But Lady Mooyeon. You've been skipping a lot of meals recently. I'm worried about your health." she argued.

Hearing that the guard started to look at me in a weird way. I could see that he was about to touch my shoulders but stopped himself in time.

"I've been sleeping most of the time anyway so I don't need that much. Just do as I said." I decreed a little bit annoyed and she couldn't talk back anymore.

"By the way Hyangin, do you know something about this guard here? I don't know his name and he isn't talking to me." I asked.

The guard avoided eye contact with Hyangin for some reason which led me to the assumption that they could know each other.

"I don't know his name. I just know that he's one of the guards the Earl sent to look after you. He never talked in my presence so I guess that he is mute." she explained and I nodded.

"Should I collect some information about him? Or did he do something and you want me to report it?" Hyangin suggested and I raised my hand, signalling that there's no need to do so.

"No, you don't have to. Let him leave and help me changing. I want to take a walk." I ordered.

The guard looked at me one more time and went out of the room but before he passed the door he exchanged short looks with Hyangin.