Chapter 22 - Mooyeon's decision

Mooyeon's POV

It was like I had a very long dream.
When I opened my eyes I felt an unexplainable warmth around my body.

I looked above me and realized that Taehyung was still hugging me.

He has been staying in this position the whole time???

He sleeps so peacefully with a light snoring, it reminds me of a baby.

I reached my arm with the intention to touch him but flinched when I realized that I just got the treatment.

"Ah, that hurts..."

That made him wince a little bit and wake up.

"Mooyeon, since when are you awake? You should have woken me up. Do you need something? Water? Some food? Should I call Seokjin?" he asked so many questions I didn't even know what to answer first.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I also just woke up. How long have I been unconscious?"

"It's been three days and two nights since your wound got cauterized. You collapsed right after that."

What the... he can't be serious now, right?

"Three days? And you've been here since then all the time?" I asked shocked, but still unable to do bigger moves.

"Of course. You can't imagine how scared I was for you. I didn't leave you for a single moment. I wanted to witness you waking up with my own eyes. I couldn't even eat anything." he looked at me with those gentle eyes, caressing my cheek.

"You didn't eat in these three days?" A part of me was really happy, but the other one was heartbroken to hear that.

He was starving because of me...

"Of course not. How could I eat while you were suffering? You only got hurt because I failed in protecting you. Besides, going without food for three days isn't a big challenge for me."

With my other arm I reached for his hand that was still on my cheek and hold it to feel his heartwarming presence more.

"Taehyung, I can't express how happy I am at this moment. Not a single pain I endured was for nothing. If I have to go through this again in order to have you by my side like now... I would accept it." I smiled.

"I don't allow you to say such nonsense. You can't imagine how hurt I've been seeing you harmed. I wished many times that I was the one tortured and stabbed and not you."

He tightened the hug but it was still comfortable.

♧Music~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>♧

'I love you, Mooyeon... Sorry, it took me so long to tell you this. I want to marry you.'

I remembered him saying these words to me.

Did I dream that or did he really say that?

Marry me...

"Taehyung..." oh God what should I do? It's really embarassing to ask... "that day... you mentioned something about... wanting to... marry me...didn't you?"

My voice got weaker and weaker and I could feel my face was looking like a tomato.

"I did say that but..."

Wait... BUT???

"...but I think I have to retract what I said." his eyes began to wander.

"What? Why?" I tried to get up. But he had to support me otherwise it would be impossible.

We both sat on the bed face to face.

"Don't move or do you want your injury to get worse?" There I have the old Taehyung again. "Even though I really wanted you to be by my side but... I can't be so selfish. After all what happened I can't keep you here. I promised you that I would find a way to bring you back to your time and I will do it. You don't fit in this cruel world. You've been through so much and my love for you doesn't allow me to force you staying here. We had the fate that made us meet each other but we don't have the destiny to be together." he was about to move away until I grabbed his wrist.

"Bullshit..." I whispered. I kept my head low because if I look in his eyes I would definitely start to cry. "You're talking nothing but bullshit."

My body was acting faster than my mind. I dragged him by his wrist and pulled him into a kiss.

This was different from last time. This one was a real kiss.

Taehyung's POV

"Bullshit... you're talking nothing but bullshit." she murmured while holding me back.

Again a word I can't understand but it seemed as if she wasn't happy with my answer.

Sorry to disappoint you but you should just forget me.

Suddenly her grip on my wrist got stronger and she pulled me back to her bed. Her hands cupping my face she finally planted a kiss on my lips.

Everything went faster than my mind could proceed.

I just hadn't the heart to reject her. Instead I closed my eyes, hold her neck and kissed her back.

My mind told me that it was wrong but my heart let me deepen the kiss even more.

"Follow your heart." she suddenly said, separating our lips.

"What?" I asked. Is she able to read my mind?

"I want you to forget everything for now. Forget that you're a warrior. Forget that I'm from the future. Forget all your duties and responsibilities, where we are and what time it is. There's only you and me. I just want to ask you one question: Do you love me?" she asked.

I looked at her and wiped her tears with my thumbs before I answered her.

"I do love you, Mooyeon. And there is nothing I wish more than to be with you forever. I want to wipe your tears like this everytime you're sad. I want to protect you everytime you're in danger. I want to feed you with medicine everytime you're ill. I want to make you laugh everytime you're bored. I really want to share my remaining time with you." I gave her a simple smile, showing that I meant it.

"Then do it..." she said with her trembling voice.

"I can't..."

"You can... All things that hinders us in your opinion are not relevant. JeonHa wouldn't separate us and I don't want to go back to the future. Therefore you don't have to keep any promise so what are you worrying about?"

"You don't want to go back anymore? What about your school, your friends and your family? Don't you miss them?" I can't let her seperate from the ones she loves forever.

"I'd rather stay here with you..."

Her eyes looked so determined...

"You don't think you would regret it?" I asked, still unsure.

"I've never regretted a decision, Taehyung."

After she said that I gave in.

I put her in my arms once again, resting my chin on her head.

"I promise I will never leave you, Mooyeon."

You were the missing piece of me I've searched for the whole time. You gave my life a meaning. Now I can't even imagine myself existing without you.

Maybe we have the fate as well as the destiny to be together.