Chapter 24 - Human

A/N: Respect to Mooyeon. She's been laying on that monstrous hard bed for months now.

Jimin's POV

"I'm sorry Mooyeon... but I have to end your life here."

I was staring at her for a while now, wondering why I still haven't done it.

Normally, I wouldn't even hesitate for a second to slash open one's throat.

Oh I forgot. I didn't kill a woman before...

"Aish..." I grunted. "Even I got affected by this woman."

I watched her waking up slowly. It seemed that she didn't notice my intention.

"Oh, hey Jimin. It surprises me to see you visiting me. Have you been here long?" she asked me while rubbing her eyes.

"I just came because Taehyung asked me to." I tried to avoid her gaze.

She was struggling to get up until I stopped her.

"What are you trying?" I asked the injured girl.

"I was just thinking..." she bit on her lips. "We're not that close yet and since you're a JangGun of a high rank I should at least greet you properly."

"You don't have to force yourself. Spare yourself all these formalities until the wound has completely healed." I said.

"Alright. Thank you, Jimin." she stayed on her bed and bowed lightly with her head.

"Don't thank me, Mooyeon." I began and turned my back towards her. "I'll be honest to you. Seconds ago I was trying to kill you with this sword."

I could guess that she didn't really get what I said.

I didn't let her even open her mouth and continued talking.

"Because you changed everyone and everything in this palace, especially Taehyung. Now, everyday I see him I can't even tell if he's the same person I used to know. You ruined a great warrior. I don't like you. I don't even like you one single bit."

Thinking about that again my anger came back but I still managed to keep calm.

I decided to turn back to face her. "That's it. That's why I was about to kill you when you were still sleeping... I guess you're going to tell Taehyung?"

She didn't answer me nor did she move from her current position. Only her eyes were wandering around.

A moment passed, I couldn't describe how long this moment was. She finally closed her eyes and showed me a weak smile.

"No..." she simply said.

"What?" Did I hear her correctly?

"I won't tell him. Since you're obviously his best friend. I think it wouldn't do anyone good if I say it." she explained.

"Oh... well" Shit I'm running out of words. "That's a wise decision but don't think I would thank you or whatever you expect."

"It's okay but I would like to know why."

I didn't really understand her question so I just gave her a confused expression.

"I'd like to know why... why you decided to not kill me. Why did you hesitate and took your sword back?"

Well, that was a question. I didn't know, either.

I was searching for an answer nervously. "I... I s-still wanted to let Taehyung play with you a bit longer. It's just a matter of time when I'm going to kill you." I stuttered.

She was just smiling about my answer.

"There's nothing funny about it. Stop that smile of yours!" I ordered.

"You know exactly why you didn't do it." she said. "Deep in your heart you don't want to kill me. No matter about Taehyung or someone else, it was you, Jimin. Am I right? You also have a warm side, you're just trying to hide it. I've been here for almost half a year now. I know you well enough."

I rolled my eyes, not admitting what she said. "Ts. Stop surmising things."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. If you really don't want to admit it, why don't you draw your sword now and stab it through my heart? Here and now!" she raised her voice, provocating me.

"You think I don't dare to kill you?" I shouted loudly, pointing the sword towards her.

Mooyeon's POV

Seconds passed which turned into minutes where we stayed in this position.

I knew that he wouldn't kill me but this silence freaked me out.

After what seemed like an eternity he gave in and put his sword back into the sheath.

He breathed in and made a long sigh.

"You're the first female who ever dared to talk to me like that, Mooyeon." he smiled.

Oh my Lady GaGa he smiled!

"I'll let you live for a good while but remember: When there's any danger you bring to Goryeo, I will be the first to cut your head off your shoulder." I said.

I nodded but there was still something I wanted to know.

Why does he hate the fact that Taehyung changed and developed feelings for me?

"Jimin, could you tell me what it means... to be a JangGun like you and Taehyung?"

"There's not much meaning in this. The simplest way to explain it is that we are weapons." he started to explain. "We aren't allowed to let feelings control ourselves. No emotion, no thoughts, just function. What we do and what happens to us depends on the will of JeonHa. You have luck that JeonHa acknowledges you two now but if he ever changes his mind... there would be nothing you or Taehyung or I or anyone could do."

Hearing that I was overflowed with thoughts... thoughts I couldn't process. That's too cruel.

"That's sad." I said.

"There's nothing sad about it. It is..." He began but I cut him off.

"It is, Jimin. That means that you are not human. You don't have an own will and your identity has been decided before your birth. Living for another person but yourself. That's... I can't understand how you could accept that."

He just stood there, looking at me. His face doesn't show anything. He indeed is emotionless. It seemed as if he didn't even care.

"We are used to it." he shrugged his shoulders.

I laughed at this answer showing how ridiculous it was.

"You are used to it? Do you know the meaning of my name, Jimin? Mooyeon. The Hanja are 无 (moo), for the word 'without' and 恋 (yeon), the word for 'love'. My mother chose this name because she never wanted me to experience love. In her opinion there's nothing in the world that worthy to make you drop feelings to it. My father left her before I was even born. She didn't want me to be the second her. She educated me well. I only learned what hate is. I even hated her."

To my surprise I could see empathy in Jimin's eyes.

"Although I'm from the future I've learned more here than I would have in my own world. I've never loved someone or anything until I met Taehyung. Before you experience it yourself for the first time you can't even imagine how beautiful it is. 'Used to it' How pathetic."

Jimin gave me an embarassed laugh. "You are just like him. Maybe you're right. We JangGuns may should be pitied."

He turned towards the door and was going to leave.

I was still struggling in my little universum of thoughts. Thinking about what he said as well as what I said.

"Mooyeon..." he caught my attention one last time.

"I would really like to see what the future looks like... to see how it must feel being human... like you and Taehyung."