Chapter 49 - 2nd Decision

Mooyeon's POV

I accompanied Taehyung to his room to see him rest with my own eyes.

Otherwise I was sure that he would search other ways to let out his anger.

"Rest for a while now." I calmly said to him while helping him fix his bed to make it as comfortable as possible. "I'll let Seokjin have a look on you."

"No need. I'm fine. I just need you to stay here for a while." he said with a weak voice.

"You were that mad in rage, you even spit blood, how is that fine?" I couldn't believe that he was still that stubborn.

"I know my body better than any doctor. No need to bother him." he gave me a smile.

"Well, then give me a punch on the stomach until I spit blood and I'll also say 'I know my body better than any doctor'." I aped him in a ridiculous way.

"You can't compare that." he laughed. "It really isn't that serious. It's just an old injury from the war. I only have to keep taking the medicine."

"I don't care! I won't see you until Seokjin tells me that he checked on you!" I stood up and left his room determined.

"Did Hyung really calm down?" Jungkook asked me, peeking through the door.

"I think so. At least he can smile at me now. But I think he is more shocked than anyone of us. I just can't believe that JeonHa could be that heartless. Not even the previous King seemed to be that cruel." I complained and Jimin suddenly covered my mouth from my left side.

I released his hand from my face. "Jimin, what was that for?"

"Rethink who you're talking about and how you're talking about him. He's still the King of the country and if you don't want to be fed to some dogs, you better shut your mouth." Jimin coldly demanded.

"Jimin's right, Mooyeon. You really have to be careful. Do you want to end up just like the soldier or Yoongi  and Namjoon?" Hoseok spoke.

"Speaking about them, how are they doing?" I asked.

Jungkook just declared that they were maybe punished because they made that suggestion during the meeting.

"They're resting in their room right now. Seokjin just treated their wounds." Jungkook explained.

"They really got punished?" I asked in shock and went instantly to Namjoon  and Yoongi's room.

There I found them laying in their bed on their stomachs.

"What happened, why are they in this position?" I asked confused because the scene was really more than strange.

"杖刑 (장형 - JangHyeong)." Jimin started to explain. "It's a bit similar to the 笞刑 (태형 - TaeHyeong) here, you could just say it's variation of it. It's used the most often to punish light wrongdoings. Used on servants as well as on high positioned persons."

"What?" I was confused. "You say '泰亨 (태형 - Taehyung)'?"

"No, 笞刑 (태형 - TaeHyeong)." Jungkook corrected me. "It's one style of the 五刑 (오형 - OhHyeong), the Five Big Punishments."

"These are...
'死刑 (사형 - SaHyeong)', death penalty,
'流行 (유형 - YooHyeong)', exile,
'徒刑 (도형 -DoHyeong)', enslavement,
'杖刑 (장형 - JangHyeong)' beating and
'笞刑 (태형 - TaeHyeong)' caning, these 5 types of punishment." Seokjin continued.

"... 泰...亨 (태...형 - Tae... hyung)" I murmured still not getting it.

"Just told you that it's '笞刑 (태형 - TaeHyeong)'" Hoseok said, annoyed.