Chapter 19 - Promise

Taehyung's POV

I ran as far as I could to reach the basement Namjoon mentioned earlier.

Damn why is it that far?

After some minutes, which felt like ages, I finally arrived.

"Taehyung! What are you doing here?" Jimin shouted in surprise.

"I'll save Mooyeon." I simply answered, not wanting to lose time with him.

"But JeonHa's order was..." Namjoon started until I broke him off.

"I got the order to save Mooyeon! Now get out of my way, Hyung!!!"

One could say that I was impatient, like really really impatient

But something still didn't feel right.

"Wait what are you even doing here outside? And where are the others?" I asked.

"Hoseok is still standing on the tower there. Yoongi, Seokjin and Jungkook are inside. Something is strange here." Jimin explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The guards here are a joke. Jimin and I defeated them just in seconds. If they're imprisoning such an important person like Mooyeon how come that there are only that few people?" Namjoon questioned.

I looked at the unconscious guards on the ground.

There were only two of them.

They knew that we'll come...

I think I know what's going on!

I rushed inside the basement, finding some other guards on the ground.

They are far too little...

Panicking, I sped up and tightened my grip on the sword, hoping that Mooyeon's still alive.

I reached a cell and found Yoongi, Seokjin and Jungkook on the door.

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" Jungkook asked.

"The question is what you're doing! Why don't you use the key for heaven's sake?" I shouted at him.

"Calm down Taehyung" Yoongi said with his focus still on the lock. "Everything went too easy for us. I think you also saw the guards on the hallway. Thinking that these clowns could stop us? No... there must be another trap so we have to be as careful as possible."

I couldn't hold it any longer so I grabbed the key from one of the unconscious guards and unlocked the door.

"Taehyung! You'll kill us with your hasty actions!" Seokjin complained but I didn't care.

I rushed into the cell just to see nothing but darkness.

I told Jungkook and Seokjin to turn up the candles and I couldn't believe what I saw.

"OH MY GOD MOOYEON!" I heard Jungkook shout.

Hoping that I was wrong I blinked multiple times, adjusting to the light.

There I saw her unconscious with her hands tied up to the ceiling. Her whole body was full of whiplash injuries, needles everywhere on her body. Judging by the salt on the desk they even scattered it on the wounds to make it worse.

I took one shaky step forward only to fall on my knees.

"Moo..." I couldn't even call her name anymore.

I've never felt so weak before in my entire life.

"Let's get her down first." Seokjin offered.

As she was coming down slowly I didn't hesitate to place her in my arms.