Chapter 92 - Half of my Love

Jimin's POV

"Hyung! Hoseok's messenger was here." I heard Jungkook call.

"What did he say?" I put my paperwork aside and stood up in order to have a proper talk with him.

"Taehyung and Mooyeon both escaped successfully and are now at Hyung's house. He also paid the spies to make them leave the city." he explained and I sighed in relief.

"That are good news to hear."

"Are you still writing the applications?" he asked me, nodding towards the reams of letters on my table.

"Yes. These lords all are hard to convince though. They either pretend as if there's nothing wrong with JeonHa even if it's obvious enough or they are too coward to do anything against it. Especially the minister who's using this as a chance to take control. Look at his letter. He's saying nothing productive but kissing JeonHa's ass." I took the letter I was talking about and tossed it through the room.

"He must be the happiest one right now. The rest are all useless marionettes." Jungkook took the letter and glanced through it, shaking his head.

"Take care of what you're saying. Fields have eyes and woods have ears." I warned him.

"You're right, Hyung. I will be more careful in the future." he promised and I nodded.

"By the way, how is the child doing?" I asked.

"He's with Baekhab all the time. She's taking care of him pretty well." he told me and I nodded again but didn't say much.

"Hyung, you've been sitting in front of these papers for a whole while now. How about taking a rest and visit her for once?" he suddenly suggested.

"Why? I'm sure that she's doing pretty well. I don't want to disturb her." I went back to my seat and sat down without looking at the youngest.

"That's maybe what everyone's thinking. No one's talking to her in your household, Hyung. I would but I'm not the person she would open up to." he lectured and I remained silent.

"I don't understand you, Hyung. You obviously like her and she obviously likes you. You're a couple but you don't behave like one. What's the reason why you still don't marry her?

"Alright Jungkook, I understood. But let it still be my business, OK?" I requested and he left me without saying more.

I tried to focus on my work again but I just couldn't seem to get this right.

"Thank you Jungkook..." I grunted to myself in annoyance.

I ruffled my hair and decided to stop working for a while and walk around a little bit.

While walking I couldn't help but to think about what Jungkook said before.

'What's the reason why you still don't marry her?'

I wonder why. Maybe because I can't give her the life she deserved?

I was able to relieve her from that miserable life she has been through but I'm still not able to make her happy.

She only sees me as a JangGun anyways. There's nothing more than gratefulness she feels for me.

How did Taehyung and Mooyeon manage to do it though?

Without noticing, I went to the room I gave her and I could already hear the baby giggling.

From a distance there were 2 maids talking to each other. I was about to scold them, telling them to get back to their work but before I did so, I could hear a little bit of their conversation without them noticing me.

"That ugly girl has been with the baby for days. Doesn't she get tired?" one of them scoffed.

"Indeed, she's weird anyways. I don't even know why Master wanted her to live here. Even making us serving her. She must feel as if she's something special only because she has a room for herself."

"Don't worry. Master wouldn't look at that kind of woman more often than necessary. I bet that he's just pitying her. He didn't visit her that often."

"Oh yes, you're right. Our Master might be cold but he's actually that warmhearted. Why even bother? That face?"

"We have a lot more chances!"

"Maybe we will also end up to be his wifes! We would have such a romantic relationship like Taehyung-DaeJang and Lady Mooyeon!"

They ended up giggling over their dreams and I faked a cough to gain their attention.

"Master!" they shouted in unison, shocked by my sudden appearance.

"You don't have enough work to do, right?" I asked with a harsh tone. "I don't remember what I told all my servants about gossiping around in my household anymore. Refresh my memory, please." I ordered and they became nervous.

"Sorry Master, we won't do that anymore." they bowed to me.

"From today on, you will chop all the woods in the kitchen." I announced and they wanted to argue but knew that they couldn't.

After they left I went further to Baekhab's room with an annoyed mood but that soon changed after I saw her.

I stood by the door frame with crossed arms and watched Baekhab play with the baby for a while.

She looks beautiful when she's smiling, even with that big scar.

"Jimin-DaeJang! Sorry, I didn't notice you." she was startled and bowed to me, the baby still in her arms.

"It's OK. I just arrived and saw you playing with the baby. I wanted to enjoy the scene for a while." I said and approached her to have a look at the baby.

"It was really nice to see you that happy. I made the right decision to let you take care of him." I said which made her blush.

"You told me that he is like a nephew to you, so I didn't dare not to take good care of him." she explained and looked down to the ground.

"You're really good with babies, aren't you? How comes that you never talk to other people? It's really rare to see you smiling from your heart like that." I asked her, seriousness written all over my face.

"I..." she hesitated to answer but I was patient and at the end she had no choice but to tell me.

"Children at this age wouldn't get frightened by seeing my face. I'm afraid of people's reactions like they saw a ghost or a monster. I don't want anyone to see it. I'm more than thankful to Jimin-DaeJang for accepting me, for giving me such a nice place to live. So I don't dare to put the silk cloth on if you don't let me to. Therefore, I thought that it may be better not to leave the room."

Hearing that I paused for a while. I didn't say much to her, I was just staring at her.

"I hope you'll never say such things again." I finally said.

"Jimin-DaeJang..."

"Don't call me Jimin-DaeJang!" I cut her off. "In this world, except for my friends, you're the only one who can call me by my name."

"Ji... min..." she tried with a weak voice and I took her into a hug.

"I never believed that love existed and I've been sure that I would never fall in love with someone. But seeing you, I just feel the need to protect you. I don't know women, I really don't understand them. It doesn't matter how you look because for me you're perfect. If Taehyung could change then I can, too. As long as you allow it I'm sure that I can learn how love works." I calmly said.

"Jimin-Dae... I'm not sure if I can..." she stuttered and I broke the hug to look into her eyes.

"I know that you don't have the same feelings yet. You're building the distance between us because you think that you owe me something."

♡"If there's no love in your heart, then let me share half of mine with you, to make you be able to love someone. Can I?"♡