Chapter 43 - Lily flower

Mooyeon's POV

Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months as I was still waiting for any news from Taehyung.

There was nothing.

Sometimes I was even afraid that something happened to him during this time. But JeonHa would always comfort me that due to Hoseok's reports everything was all fine.

JeonHa would also give me tons of possible reasons why Taehyung didn't do anything telling me that he was alright.

He might be very busy he would say. He might had forgotten it he would say. He might need some own space he would say. Anyways none of these really satisfied me. JeonHa also always tells me to distract myself from waiting because that would lighten my mood a little bit.

Since there was nothing else I could do about it I would just do as he says. I mean, after my first letter I did wrote another 5 letters. I even asked Namjoon to help me writing them in HanJa but I just didn't even receive one single reply.

Flashback◇

"Listen,  Mooyeon. Men are the most treacherous creatures in this world. Otherwise why would they marry more than one woman? You are lucky that Taehyung-DaeJang loves you that much but who promises you that it will last long? Without you noticing he will get bored of you and within seconds you'll see him watching at a seducing bitch trying to replace you. Being female isn't easy. You have to do anything to keep your husband. Eliminate everything that tries to take him away." I heard Princess Hyeonju explain.

I was amazed by her strong personality and how her so called wisdoms kind of made sense to me.

I listened to each word, nodding to all sentences. I was that concentrated that my brows formed a frown.

"And how do you... 'eliminate' them?" I asked carefully.

"You mean how I make sure that Hoseok doesn't hide some dirty prostitutes from me? I would send some spies of course! I payed the girl we met in the market so she could bury her parents. And in exchange I made her follow Hoseok to the North so I have an eye on him. So far he didn't do anything shameful. But if he did, may Heaven bless them to not get caught or I'll..." she smirked.

"Or you'll what?" I was sure the hint she gave me was quite obvious but I wasn't sure after all.

"I would make an eunuch out of him personally!" She said and my eyes grew wide.

End of Flashback

Taehyung wouldn't do such a thing, would he? I mean, I know him well enough to trust him.

But if I have to imagine that. The boys went to a region where the citizens are in a crisis. What, for example, if he rescues a poor widow who had nothing left anymore and she becomes adamant that she has to repay him 'with all she has'. Her body included.

That would be just the same situation as between Hoseok and the Princess!

No, no, no, no, no! Mooyeon, stop being paranoid. Taehyung wouldn't do that!

Maybe he wouldn't but who says that this or even these women also wouldn't?

You experienced yourself how much Taehyung loves you, Mooyeon. You have to respect this love by trusting him to the fullest!

So, but did he respect your love? One single letter would do, that shouldn't be that hard! What else would hinder him to just get in touch with you for once?

There might be some reasons we didn't consider. Maybe he's really busy as the King assumed.

So he's the only one being busy and all the other men there have the time to write a letter? Deal with it, all of these beautiful promises he made are all vacuous and haven't a meaning.