Chapter 35 - Birthday

Mooyeon's POV

Another few days already passed and the year was finally coming to an end.

It was evening when I sat here in the pavillon waiting for Taehyung's shift to end.

It was the 13th June when I came here so it's been over 6 months now.

I still wondered how it's been in my world. How are the people there doing? Did they realize that I've been missing?

Even though I kind of miss them I don't regret staying here for the rest of my life. After all it's still worth it.

"Milady, what do you think of the our English guest? What's your impression of him?" Hyangin asked me suddenly.

Why did she ask me this? Why did she want to know that? Did she have a crush on Vincent?

Before I could answer Taehyung approached me with a wide grin and took the seat in front of me.

"You've been smiling a lot, Taehyung." I noticed.

"Well, I just had a talk with the others about Hoseok." He explained.

I asked him what happened and he told me that Hoseok was having a hard time after he married Princess Hyeonju.

"I think that's something every new married couple has to go through." I said, laughing.

"You think that it'll be the same with us?" he asked me with half seriousness and half joking in his tone.

I shrugged as I didn't know. I didn't bother to think about it, I must admit. I still wasn't ready for marriage so I didn't really had to think about such things. I was still afraid of getting married in my age even though I was supposed to fit in the customs of this time. I really was kind of happy that the King didn't let us marry each other that soon. I still wanted to wait until I turned 18.

Okay I think I should change the subject before he asks me about our wedding in real.

"Uhm Taehyung, I didn't ask you so far but when is your birthday?" I asked.

I've been here for over 6 months it surely was about time for me to know.

"I don't know. I've been living on the streets since I know until Queen Heonjung found me. My name was also given by her, I don't even know my real name or whether I even had a name or not." he explained as if it was the most normal thing ever.

I couldn't help myself but pity him. He must had have a hard childhood. But I shouldn't show compassion right now because that's not what he wanted.

"How about we make today your birthday?" I suggested with the warmest smile I could show. "Wouldn't today be a nice day for celebrating it since tomorrow will be New Year's Eve?"

I got the same warm smile back from Taehyung, followed by a simple nod.

I really was happy about that and I put my hands on the little cakes on the table to build something suitable as a birthday cake.

"What are you trying to do?" he asked me wide eyed and I explained the modern way to celebrate a birthday. That you would have friends to give presents to you, that there will be a birthday cake and some candles you have to blow off after you made a wish.

"That sounds childish." Taehyung commented, laughing at how ridiculous I looked in trying to make a birthday cake out of these little ones on the table.