2. Agent

The jet felt cold, and unwelcoming. There was a silence within it only I was alright with. At S.H.I.E.L.D it probably wouldn't be too different. There's only business there. It would also be cold and unwelcoming. I stayed silent though, carrying this only in my thoughts. I felt excited never the less. I may be taking a private jet to my death bed, sure. I'm definitely sure of that. But it could bring up endless possibilities. I could gather information about exotic weapons. Alternative realities, Extraterrestrial life, and other worlds I hadn't known about. I know that S.H.I.E.L.D had covered it all. That's what S.H.I.E.L.D was. And from what I've been told, they need me for something. I could provide as much as I could give. I felt like a Girl Scout, running door to door with ambition. And the people would always open the door with desire. There was a rare chance of being shooed away. Girl Scouts, helping elders across the road, doing tasks and good deeds. My rapid switching thoughts were interrupted when a short man in a suit came forward. Steve, who had been watching a tablet with complete focus, spoke.

"So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?" He asked laying the tablet on his lap, full eye contact. He had a stature of elegance and politeness.

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula." On the video The Hulk roars with fury as he rips a jeep apart. Agent Coulson tried to lighten the mood after the unwavering documentation. It was not working too much.

"Didn't really go his way, did it?" Steve commented. Not so much. I caught my sarcastic chuckle quick enough for neither of them to notice.

"When he's not that thing though, guy's like a Stephen Hawking." Steve looks confused. I snorted earning a smile from him. Not from Steve, who was still confused.

"I appreciate the laughter Isabelle, nice to hear from you." Coulson commented. I stiffened a little, Coulson and I had met before. He seems gentler than I remember.

"He's like a smart person." I explained simply to Steve. I guess we shouldn't make jokes that surface between last 70 years.

"I gotta say it's great to meet you officially. I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping." Agent Coulson pauses awkwardly, now the three of us standing. Because I finally rose from my far seat, "I mean, I was... I was present while you were unconscious from the ice. You know, it's really, it's just a... just a huge honor to have you on board." Good save. I sarcastically thought, hopefully these comments would stay in my head. I smirked to myself with a shake of my head.

"Well, I hope I'm the man for the job." Steve responds. Ugh.

"Oh you are. Absolutely. You got-" Agent Coulson turned to me, unsure of my name.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Agent Coulson, and Mr. Captain Rogers. My name is Isabelle." I smiled shaking both their hands.

"Please, call me Phil." Coulson smiled, his personality complimenting a fathers. His fascination for Captain America was funny, and the kindness he possessed was just like Mr. Rogers. They had slightly identical personalities. Maybe that was just a first glance judgement, though Mr. Rogers was more of a leader than an equal. Coulson seemed like an equal. "But Mrs. Isabelle I think we've encountered one another before."

"Hm," I answered, my polite stature grew unpleased which encouraged Phil Coulson to retreat. He foolishly glided onto thin ice.

Phil turned back to Mr. Rogers and commented, "Captain... we've made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input." He seemed pleased. Proud of himself. And glad to change the subject.

"The uniform? Aren't the stars and stripes a little... old fashioned?" Mr. Rogers questioned. Phils face turned grave.

"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned." Steve takes in Phil's sentiment understandingly. Why else bring all of these people together Steve?