3. Greetings

The jet landed down a massive battleship known as the Helicarrier. It has two runways. One with direct access to a hangar at the rear, aligned along the spine of the vessel. The three of us walk down the ramp, meeting up with a red head with an extremely slim model body. Romanoff.

"Agent Romanoff. Captain Rogers." Phil introduced the two as they stood tally. God I hate this business atmosphere.

"Ma'am." Rogers spoke firm and coolly.

"and Isabelle- Sorry I never got your last name." Phil now introduced me. I was nervous now. My irritation turned to anxious. I flip flop between my various moods.

"I'm Isabelle Short." I replied shaking Agent Romanoff's hand. She had a straight face. Still no sign of emotion. I awkwardly stopped, pulling my hand away. She was kinda like me, serious. Phil was walking away now, being called to the to the bridge.

"There was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" Natasha smirked, warming up. Maybe just to Rogers but still. It was nice to soften my stance.

"Trading cards?" Rogers asked.

"They're vintage, he's very proud." Natasha nods.

"Like his input with the Mr. Captain Rogers uniform." Natasha chuckles at my sarcastic joke. Which I'm surprised by. Steve smiled down at me. Without realizing, BRUCE BANNER doesn't notice us. He is nervous as hell by the looks of it. Bruce moves around as people keep walking in his way. He didn't look like a scientist but yet he did seem like one at the same time.

"Dr. Banner." Steve shook Dr. Banners hand after he finally recognized us.

"Oh, yeah. Hi. They told me you'd be coming." Dr. Banners voice was shaky. He acted child like if I'm being honest. I observed as Bruce looked around then back at Steve.

"Word is you can find the cube." Steve said seriously. Mr. Business is back.

"Is that the only word on me?" Bruce replies making me bite the inside of my cheek.

"Only word I care about." This conversation makes me uneasy.

"Must be strange for you. All of this." Bruce said, changing the awful atmosphere just the tiniest bit.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar." Really?

"Really?" I spit out accidentally but thankfully their gazes shift from me to Romanoff.

Natasha interrupted,"You may wanna step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breath." Suddenly the helicarrier starts shaking as it prepares to fly sail.

"Is this a submarine?" I stammered looked over the edge, the guys soon following.

"Really? They wanted me in a submerged pressurized metal container?" Bruce uncomfortably jokes. I click my tongue earning a look from Bruce. He doesn't seem fazed or angry at my attempt of ease.

"I'm not scared of being trapped under water..." Four huge lift fans mounted on the sides and start to lift into he air in vtol flight. Steve watches in awe, me on the other hand is frozen in place. "I'm not sacred of heights either..."

"NO THIS IS MUCH WORSE!" Banner shouts, our ears plugged with air. The doors part and we enter the bridge of the ship a flurry of activity. Dozens of agents sit in front of their computers. A women with dark short brown hair shouted orders. Maria Hill. Also in the room was a man in all black who sat at the command chair. Nick Fury. They chat about vanishing. Mirrors across the ship reflect the sky and make us invisible to others eyes. We make our way through the amazement to the science console. Nick Fury shakes Banners hand and receives cash from Steve. I'll have to ask him about that later. Or maybe not.

"Agent Romanoff, would you show Dr. Banner to his laboratory, please." Natasha nods and walks off leading Banner, "And show Mrs. Short as well." I scurry to catch up with them avoiding Nick completely. I'm not shocked Natasha knows her way around the ship, but I'm also gaining curiosity as to why. I blocked out this world.

"You'll love it, we have all the toys." Natasha smirked gaining me and Bruce's silent excitement.