8. Bye

Steve was heading for the lab. I stayed behind for a moment gathering my thoughts. Hydra is S.H.I.E.L.D. I didn't tell Steve what I found out. He wouldn't believe me. No one would. The discovery made my stomach ache. I couldn't trust anyone now. I knew this already. I knew S.H.I.E.L.D was untrustworthy. I should've listened to my gut. I folded everything. Grabbed a large bag and packed all the weapons. I hurried to the lab only coming to find arguing.

Immediately after I entered the room an explosion pushed me right back out. The bag full of everything slid across the floor. I groaned reaching for it and pulling it back towards me weakly. I got to my feet and watched Tony and Steve rush down the hall. Before I could comprehend Steve pulled me up and dragged me with him. I heard a roar echo around me. I held the bag closely realizing the source of the roar. Tony flew to one of the engines and ordered Steve what to do. My mind was mush from all the information I was processing in such a short amount of time that I couldn't hear anyone or anything. Till guns were shot. The enemy was on the ship?! That's why there was an explosion. That confirms it. I pulled out a gun from my holster. I shot at them repeatedly, grasping back to reality and out of my thoughts. Steve stood beside the red lever ready for Tony to alert him to pull it. Everything seemed to be going smoothly and I could handle this shit on my own. I smirked as I looked away from Steve who stood patiently. That was until I was blown away. The strap from the bag tugged at my neck, choking me as well as this sudden surprise. I was hanging for dear life on a loose cable. Steve's eyes widened as he hurried toward me and away from the lever.

"Izzy!" He exclaimed reaching out to me while Tony continues unaware. Tony, in his suit, continuously spins Engine 3, giving it all he has. The rotors are propelling properly and fast now. The helicarrier levels itself slowly but surely. And I'm still grasping this goddamn cable.

"Cap, I need the lever!" Tony called now panicking as the rotors are back at regular speed.

"I need a minute here!" Steve shouted desperately trying to get me. Tears stung my eyes because I'm still choking on my own damn bag. The harsh wind not helping. Debris flowing around me. I was about to fall again, would I be lucky to live this time? Probably not. The bag flung around but still stayed tight.

"Lever. Now!" Tony yelled once more. Tony lets go of the rotors. They spin by themselves. Tony is then caught in one. He is fucked. He slips into the rotors, getting chewed up. If I held on any longer Tony would die.

"Help him, dammit." I gasp and sliver out the words I can. Steve had to stop paying attention to me and pull the lever immediately. We needed the engine. We needed Tony. Loki had said that I was just a girl who did nothing. That I was a sacrifice. I would have to sacrifice myself. I looked at Steve with hope. Maybe relief. I smiled as tears ran down my cheeks. I let my hand slip. My heart fell and so did I. Steve cried out. The scene familiar. Like when I fell from the jet before I got to meet Thor. I watched as the helicarrier got farther away from me. I reached though i couldn't find anything to hold. To take back the decision. I watched the sky noticing two other things falling from the place I was once standing. Soon the helicarrier was just a spec now. To them so was I.

I'm such an idiot, to keep hydra from them all. Steve probably told them about the weapons. But they didn't know the truth. I opened my eyes to flashes of red coming more and more close. And before I could meet the hard ground of the earth, Iron man himself, grasped my hand.