95. Teenage Scott

"We'll setup in the compound but put the van somewhere with open space." Nat ordered as we nearly arrived back at the headquarters.

"Since when did you become the leader?" I questioned.

Nat chuckled, "Since when did you start talking again?"

"My opinion is valuable." I hesitated, "The giant who's gonna invent time travel said so."

"You remind me of old Isabelle..." Nat smiled still as she got more serious, we got out of the car awkwardly, "Quiet and not wanting to associate with us."

"That is true." I blandly replied slamming my door. Scott and Steve stiffened but tried to move forward. Scott running off to get his van I'm sure.

"I see right through that you know." Nat answered, "You came here immediately when I asked. If you really didn't want anything to do with the avengers you would've ignored us like Thor. You've always been loyal even when your temper gets the best of you."

"I can leave if you want." I threatened emotionlessly.

"But do you want to?" Nat raised an eyebrow, "I don't know what happened to you these past 5 years but you're still apart of this family."

"You know what happened." A hint of sass escaped my lips and wind soothed my skin.

Nat stiffened, "Exactly. Help us fix it."

"I can guarantee it won't be fixed." I argued flatly. We started moving forward and I felt Nat's stare. I wondered if I hurt her, I started to feel like I did. But she laughed a little anyway, or maybe she just laughed.

"I'm sorry but Bruce was wrong about your hope rants." She chuckled as we found Scott, Bruce and Steve next to a van. Bruce was hitting buttons on a panel while Scott is in his Ant-Man costume. We joined beside Bruce as the portal hummed.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing." Bruce told.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." Steve added with crossed arms. His face twinged my chest and I growled to myself as did my shell.

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose Tiny here in the 1950's." The rest of us exchanged panicked looks.

Scott seemed the most fearful, "Excuse me?"

"He's kidding." She then whispered to Bruce, "You can't say things like that!"

"Just... It was a bad joke." Bruce admitted.

"You were kidding, right?" Nat questioned.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." He smiles through his opposite tone, "We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott replies.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve encouraged and I pressed my lips in a straight line.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." Scott answers confidently.

The machine glows at Bruce's command, "On the count of three. 3... 2... 1!"

Scott is slurped up and then shot back out but shorter, "Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right."

"What is this?" Steve panics.

"What's going on?" Bruce's voice hurries.

"That...who is that?" Nat stammers.

"I think Scott is about to hit puberty." I gulp.