21. Hotel

I agree with Tony. We should spend the time we do have together wisely. This might be the only chance I have. After lunch and a walk back to Stark tower we watch as agents and S.H.I.E.L.D leave. We all agree it's hard to part. I make my way home to my apartment. It wasn't far from the action and you can see that. I can walk in without opening the door because the door is slammed on the sidewalk. I sigh as I notice my home is completely wrecked. I walk around and grab my important things. Guns, ammo and clothes stack in a small bag I find. I grab a picture of me and my parents and glide out the archway my door used to stand in. Within the week I officially move out of my apartment. Many places in New York are unavailable from the battle and people are requested to leave for construction. The streets seem as abandoned as they were when we walked them during battle. Me and Nat stay at a hotel that is a ways away from the obliterated city. A couple of miles a way though you can peer the places alien blasters skimmed and Iron Mans weaponry retaliated. After leaving my apartment and join Nat its my first day able of relaxation. I enter still dirty and wounded from hours before.

"Hey, Isabelle." Nat pats down her damp hair as I close the door, "Welcome to our humble abode."

"For the next week." I grin and she nods. The sun is setting and I am growing more and more tired.

"Take a shower, you earned it." Nat smiles at me with empathy.

I relax my posture as I lay my things on a table, "A shower would be nice, thank you Natasha." With that I peel my clothes off in the locked bathroom. It feels as if I had been suffocating till the clothes were flung to the floor. I scan my body and find cuts and bruises all over. Theres some healing from the jet misfortune, thankfully nothing from the helicopter sacrifice, and many from the alien war that happened only hours ago. I swing the cloth around my leg and see a still horrid burn on my calf. I gently trace it and wince. I step into the shower and when it starts I feel the cold water hit my skin. I jolt until the water warms, it stings the cuts and injuries. The soap only adds to the uncomfortableness. But after, when I stand and close my eyes, the shower feels relieving. I saunter out in my tank and short pajamas with a frown. Natasha looks at my leg and her face softens. She can tell I don't feel 100% better about whats been going on.

"It'll heal." She gestures to my leg, "Everything will heal."

-

I can't sleep, every time my eyes close I see aliens and scepters. So I wander through the hotel door with my key in possession. I tip toe down the steps to the pool. It glows blue from the pool lights throughout the ground. I see a figure sitting with its feet in the water. I slow my pace suspiciously until I recognize the mans gold hair. I sit beside him quietly, noticing he is very slumped. He is still very much bigger than me, but his tiredness shrinks him slightly.

"Cannot sleep Mrs. Short?" Thor questions quietly.

I nod shyly, "Not a blink."

"I as well." He tells.

"I can't get the sights out of my head." I say softly.

"I apologize for my brothers actions Mrs. Short." Thor's smooth voice says genuinely.

I whisper, "No need to be so formal, It's Isabelle." I smile placing a hand on Thor's knee, "And no need to apologize for your brother."

"I... I just know he brainwashed you. Even for a mere moment, I feel wholly dreadful." Thor's gaze of the pool vanishes when he closes his eyes.

"It'll be hard to forgive him for what he's done," I pause to sigh, "but your brother can't be all that bad."

Thor is brought back, "Truly?"

"He seems like me in a way..." I whisper, "Though I wouldn't lead a war against a frail planet, I think Loki is just mad at everything because he's hurt." I smile slightly with a shake of my head and continue, "I can sense it a little. Especially the way you talk so highly of him, I think I should trust your judgement as well."

"You are a wise and kind women, Isabelle." When he says my name a smile of thanks returns to his face. I stare at the moving water after that with a weak smile