7. Hydra

"Dr. Banner is here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him." Nick says as he enters looking at Tony. I stick my tongue out, "And you too Isabelle. Don't freak out."

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve suggests.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Nick says.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor tilts his head.

"I do! I understood that reference." Tony rolls his eyes, while Cap looks proud of himself. I slip out a giggle because I can't help it. This turned into the most innocent conversation.

"Shall we play doctor?" Tony jokes nudging Bruce. I roll my eyes but can't help but notice my relaxed stance now. We entered into the lab. We chat while we work. Tony sharing his blueberries and spreading his jokes around like wild fire. Some were funny. Some were not. Steve walks in when things start to get dangerous thanks to Tony getting carried away. The two throw harsh words at one another. But something did make sense to me. We all sensed it, even when Steve rejected the idea. I could tell he could agree. S.H.I.E.L.D had secrets, the argument was valid. It finishes with me and Steve leaving. He debates but takes a different turn.

"Where are you going?" I ask flatly.

"Where are we going, Izzy? More like what are we doing?" He looks over his shoulder to me, his brows softening, "Investigating." He confirms. Izzy. Another nickname. Not as bad as Tony's was, I suppose. Shortie. I like how Steve emphasizes the Z's in Izzy. Makes me feel heat in my cheeks and makes my legs weak.

I smile slightly, "I'm pretty good at hacking if that's what you're intending by investigating."

"No I had something similar in mind. Something back in my time. It's called finding it out ourselves." He looses the smile after he speak. He returns serious.

"More like getting our hands dirty." I said, "For no reason." We come across an iron door. Steve, with little of his might, slides the door and we walk in. Secure storage 10-C is a large warehouse, filled with metal crates stacked. Steve looks up, seeing another level. He jumps up high and holds onto the catwalk railing. Steve continues to move forward. I try following his movements which come out identical. We came across documents and weapons. The guns ranged from big to small. They grew more advanced and the blueprints described exactly that in extreme detail.

"Hydra." The word escaped my lips making Steve widen his eyes.

"Exactly what i was thinking." He agreed with a soft voice. I glance at him, my heart sinking a bit.

"Ironic. We were just talking about how Loki's scepter could be identical to hydras weapons, when S.H.E.I.L.D was the ones carrying them instead." I gazed at everything. I was right all along. "S.H.I.E.L.D was just a terrible copy of Hydra all along!"

"Whoa that's getting a little dark there." Steve commented. I ignored him as something caught my eye.

"No wait... How..." I pushed papers, and skimmed the papers. S.H.E.I.L.D is hydra?