50. Plan

"I'm here." Steve says, "We can make it through this, we'll help you." Fury calls us back into the house, Steve convinces me it's fine and practically drags me to Clints.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury says as our meeting begins. I fidget where I stand.

Steve questions, "What about Ultron himself?"

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though." Fury tells.

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony asks.

"Why would he not?" I butt in, "He probably lives for that shit."

"Izzy." Steve stops me.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway." Fury notifies.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony jokes.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that." Nick responds.

"NEXUS?" Steve questions.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Bruce answers.

"So what'd they say?" Clint asks.

Nick nods, "He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."

Tony asks, "By whom?"

Nick replies, "Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Nat looks at Nick desperately.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Nick answers.

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our "unknown."" Tony says.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat admits.

Nick returns, "I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Nat reminds.

Steve replies, "You know what, Romanoff?" Nat smiles mischievously at him.

"So what does he want?" Nick asks.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." Steve tells.

"Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony says to Nick.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Nat remarked.

Bruce seems to be onto something, "They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve."

Nick asks, "How?"

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce looks at us all with worry in his sad eyes.

"Oh shit." I panic, "He's gonna..."

"Its alright, Izzy. We're going to find her before he does." Steve comforts.

"But what if he already found her." I press.

"Then we'll get her back." Steve assures.

"Alright fine," I crack my knuckles, "When do we start?"

"I'll take Izzy, Natasha, and Clint." Steve informs.

Tony nods, "Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can."

"If Ultron is really building a body..." Steve starts.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony agrees.

Steve sighs, "You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."

"That's quite selfish." I reply making Tony chuckle and Steve roll his eyes playfully.

Nick interrupts, "I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?"

"She's all yours, apparently. What are you gonna do?" Tony tilts his head curiously.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope." Nick replies.

"Isn't everything we do dramatic? It's kind of our style." I smile at Nick, a mutual nod of respect is given from both of us.

"I'm glad to see you doing well, Isabelle." Nick finally says, his one eye stuck on me.

"Somehow." I half chuckle and half sigh. "You know anything more that could help us?"

"I know you need to keep your wits about those twins. I've never been honest about your past, they're apart of it greatly." Nick confirms, "Pierce could've explained better."

He stops himself and I quickly fill the air, "I'm Hydra right? I was friends with the twins, I assume we were working together after my parents-"

"There's patches that I'm sure you're missing from those hard times." Nick follows, "Hydra was smart when it came to mind control, even smarter at manipulating a persons abilities. Pierce made sure to take care of you after your parents died. Do you recall anything after that?"

"I remember growing up in my New York apartment, living normally for the most part." I answer, "Ever since I've been having episodes that doesn't seem too real to me anymore."

"I can only advise you to talk to the three people that are alive. Bucky Barnes and those twins if you're lucky to not be slaughtered beforehand." Nick doesn't crack a smile, "I can help you find out more, after Ultron looses his grasp on our world."

I smile, "You're the all knowing Nick Fury. I'll have high expectations."