80. Breath in bubbles

Red emergency lights flash all around. The source of light as we walk is flashes of red spinning around the rooms. As agents lay unconscious on the ground we have a feeling of what's happened.

The man who was seen with Bucky past shouts hoarsely, "Help me. Help."

We slip past the entry to find him laying on the floor hurt, "Get up." Steve lifts and shoves the guy against the wall, "Who are you? What do you want?"

Zemo switches his expression evilly, "To see an empire fall."

Sam enters and Bucky swings his fist which smashes through the wall as Sam ducks. Bucky grabs him by the jaw and throws him at the open pod. The two friends fiat fight and have equal punches. I run to help Sam who dismisses it, "Go help Steve!"

I nod and turn to see Steve tumbling into the darkened elevator shaft, "Steve!"

"Hey." Sam is behind me shouting as we meet eyes with Zemo. He sprints away and Sam chases him. "Get Steve, I got this guy!"

I look through the elevator to find Steve pulling himself up with his upper body strength. I bite my lip and try slipping in slowly but when I do I loose balance. I fall in and thud against the elevator below just as Steve did, "Izzy!"

"I'm ok! Though I forgot I could fly." I blush rubbing the back of my head. I float up to Steve who has a tight grip a little above where we landed. I grasp his hand delicately, "Going up?"

"Up to the roof." He orders. I nod in response as I lift him to the top of the elevators range. There's a door just like the one we fell through but it's in good shape. I adjust my grip and hold Steve's waist as he uses his hands to create an escape through the metal doors. We enter the top floor with a careful toss of Steve and a squeeze between the doors. Steve rushes to an exit door close by to the outside and sprints toward a rising chopper. He leaps and grabs the landing gear. I soar over and grab on as well but only dangle. Steve pulls hard and the chopper struggles to gain height. My hands twist elegantly and I create a ice leash to the landing gear. I pull it back to the roof and tie it to the side as Steve's feet kick for traction. He gets them flat on the helipad and the chopper drags him onto the weak looking mesh framing. I fly up to the top of the helicopter carefully and spray ice to cling but they're simply cut each shot.

"Nothing I'm doing it working." I shout frustratedly floating down toward Steve who grabs the railing with one hand and clings to the landing gear with the other. His muscles bulge and I blush in distraction. He's holding it in place, trying so hard that he can't even open his eyes or speak. Suddenly the chopper's nose slams into the building, the whole thing spinning and destroying everything around us. I leap toward Steve and catch him in order to shield him. Steve holds onto me as the helicopter tilts on the edge of the pad. Bucky's arm smashes through the glass, grabbing Steve's throat. Out of panic I'm released and watch the vehicle tip over the edge. It drops and I chase after it as it slams into the river. I jump to follow it and dive into the water. The river confronts me happily, singing for me to follow down. I can hear it assure I can breath and I swim down to Steve who is pulling at an unconscious Bucky. I reach my hand out with squinted eyes, sending a bubble of air to capture Steve's head. When it does he inhales gratefully and I send another for Bucky. Knowing they're safe I propel up to the surface, waiting patiently as Steve pulls Bucky up.