19. Case

It's quiet with the three of us walking up to the stark tower. I don't think I'm in the position to speak. Not that I want to. We are all in different worlds with different things processing. S.H.I.E.L.D, Steve and this damn war circle around my brain. We walk and only view the destruction created by the god of mischief's alien army. It looks as if humans haven't walked the earth for centuries. It makes my heart hurt and my thoughts swell. How will we come back from this?

"You cried quite a lot Shortie," Tony breaks the silence, "I would take it you're finally warming up to us?"

"It was an in the moment thing." I snap with a murmur, "I guess I had shit bottled up."

"Look, I know you've got a hard past. We all do." Tony reminds pointing to his chest, "That's why we all can relate to one another." I nod at Tony's words, though I am questioning again and again. Steve is still mute, as if he had forgotten how to speak. Which I'm shocked by. Steve has tried to convince me to trust them so much since we've met. Tony simply put the words right. But both make me uneasy with their words.

We approach Stake tower and I reply to Tony before we enter, "I am glad you're safe, Tony." And I leave it at that as I step through the crooked doors. Pebbles and glass scatter across the floor and we're back to the sound of crunching under our feet. We take the elevator up to where Loki is recovering. I think it just hit us that we have an enemy still to face. And I remember almost everything Loki did to me. Threw me off a jet, tease me, but worst of all he controlled my mind. The cold feeling and manipulation makes my body shiver. The elevator doors slide open and I see the whole team waiting for us. And as a group we approach the beaten Loki.

"If it's all the same to you. I'll have that drink now." He requests weakly. We all glare at him angrily, I could kill him right now. Hawkeye aims his bow and arrow at the god just as I'm thinking of choking him. Loki puts his hands up in defeat. A white flag would be appropriate right now. The bastard, all I wanna do is hurt him. I can't get the thoughts out of my head. I was only under his control for only a while and I'm still fucked up from it. I can only imagine what Clint's thinking about right now, never the less dealing with.

"You can shoot him, I won't be mad." I tap Clint's shoulder and say sarcastically. He only turns his frown into a smile. Clint pulls his bow away when he knows Loki is giving up.

Clint looks at me knowingly, "He's not worth it." I can see the pain in his eyes but he's gotten stronger. Makes me wanna be tough enough to be able to move past it too. I admire that, he was in Loki's control for so long but is still composed. Thor grabs Loki and pulls him up aggressively. Steve grabs the cube and agents run around. As we head to the elevator Loki mocks Captain America. Thor shuts him up with a muzzle and we get into the elevator. We all cram in together leaving no room for the Hulk to fit. I look at him apologetically.

"Hey! Buddy. What do you think? Maximum occupancy has been reached. Take the stairs!" Tony informs with a shout before the door closes. I kick Tony and he yelps, "sorry sorry that was mean." He says as we make our way down. There's chatter in the elevator but for the most part it's just business. We arrive at the base floor and one by one get out of the Stark elevator. Agents are all about but as we walk a man approaches us.

"No. No hitches at all, Mr.
Secretary." I begin to drift from the conversation and try to recall the mans face who is in front of us.

"May I ask you where you're going?" He asks concerned but serious.

"To lunch and then Asgard." Thor replies simply, with a smile. "I'm sorry, you are?"

"Alexander Pierce. He's the man, one
of the folks behind Nick Fury." Tony explains and that's when it hits me. Alexander Pierce. I wasn't so close to him but I recall him perfectly since he was close to Nick.

"My friends call me Mr. Secretary." He says rather quickly, "I'm gonna have to ask you to turn that prisoner over to me."

"Loki will be answering to Odin himself." Thor argues respectfully. This makes Loki roll his eyes and I sneer.

"Oh, he's gonna answer to us.
Odin can have what's left. And
I'm gonna need that case." It's starts getting aggressive after that, people begin to raise their voices. I'm not too surprised, this is S.H.I.E.L.D for you.