15. Cap

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Steve, in his patriotic uniform, informs cops. They look at him like he is completely nuts. But after Chitauri approach me and him defeat the shit out of them and the cops obey Caps words. I am still shaken up but there is no time for that now. I block blasts from the Chitauris weapons with Steve's shield.

"Heads up, Cap!" I inform before tossing it quickly back to him. We stay professional and nod at one another and eventually return back to Natasha and Clint who tilt there heads in curiosity finishing off some aliens. We are interrupted by more Chitauri before we can tell them what happened in the last few minutes. Cap swats Chitauri and whacks them with his shield and I shoot my gun nonstop at them until my bullets run out. I throw the useless gun back into my holster and continue using my other one. It is still too much for the four of us to handle. Until lightning obliterates the rest of the aliens around us.

"Isabelle Short I hope you are far from Loki's corruption?" Thor's elegant voice questions worryingly.

"Far gone after a few slams to the head," I point at the slightly dry blood running down my forehead, "What's the story upstairs?"

Steve hesitates coming over to me as Thor reacts to my question, "The powers surrounding the cube impenetrable."

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." Tony comments through my earpiece.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asks.

"As a team." Steve says earning my gaze, we stare at one another for a while before I agree.

"We can beat Loki together, it's the only way we can win." I say gaining shocked looks. Thor says what we've all been thinking to turn the conversation around. Loki has done damage to all of us.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." He says.

Clint and I scoff, "Yeah, get in line." We say at the same time, I glance at him as his eyebrows furrow. He's messing with his weapon angrily now, us both exchanging our understanding.

"Save it." Steve returns strongly, "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." We see Bruce pull up on a motorcycle awkwardly. I smile for the first time in what feels like years.

"Bruce!" I grin with relief. He gets off his bike and a surprised face is pasted on his features.

Bruce looks around the city before commenting, "So this all seems horrible."

"I've seen worse." Natasha says, I'm assuming she is referring to their exchange earlier when we were attacked. Seems like ages ago now.

"Sorry." Bruce says simply.

"No we could use a little worse." Natasha explains. Steve explains Banners return to Tony and Tony is just as overjoyed as the rest of us.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony says sarcastically into our earpieces. I can see the iron man suit come out from behind a building. The chirauri leviathan follows chaotically behind him making us freeze.

"I don't see how that's a party," Natasha stammers out getting ready like the rest of us.

"Oh man, I hope I'm at the right place," I joke, "Wouldn't wanna get the directions wrong." Tony finds this amusing but Bruce starts to head toward the giant creature.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve suggests.

"That's my secret, Captain." Bruce stops to give a glimpse of his smirk, "I'm always angry." He begins to stretch and grow green, becoming the Hulk. I am in shock as I tilt my head back as he gets much taller. He thrusts his fist at the flying alien and my mouth gaps at the sight. Tony participates mid flight by sending a rocket at the creature. This causes an enormous explosion making us turn away and protect ourselves. My eyes are squinting until I feel presence and shelter. I see Steve covers me with his shield and we observe each other silently. We fall close as the shield still protects us both from Chitauri guts and fire.

He pulls the shield down as I purse my lips, "Good suggestion Cap."