77. Sharon

I join Steve and Sam quickly to greet the lady from the funeral. Steve pulls me aside to update me before we meet her.

"I talked to that women who was speaking at Peggy's funeral." Steve was hesitant to say Peggy's name.

"What'd you talk about that involves us?" I raise an eyebrow.

"She was a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, was on our side during Alexander Pierce's tantrum." Steve explains, "She's good at what she does and was apologetic when she never really approached me when she knew Peggy I guess."

"Alright." I only give him little response, "Just tell me what to do."

"I will, we're meeting soon but I wanted you to tell me what happened." Steve began making me stiffen in my place, "When you ran away, why was that?"

"I was being overemotional. That's all." I put vaguely.

"Sam said he worded something wrongly and hurt your feelings. But said it wasn't his place to explain..." Steve looks me in eyes with care, "You can tell me."

"Rather not." I returned and began walking forward, "I'm ready to leave whenever."

-

"My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but, um, not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first thigh holster." The lady who goes by Sharon reminisced.

Steve smiles as we walk her to the hotel, we enter as he nods, "Very practical."

"And stylish." She replies as we wait by the elevator.

"CIA has you stationed over here now?" I question.

Sharon answers, "In Berlin, Joint Terrorism Task Force."

"Right. Right. Sounds fun." Steve replies.

Sharon laughs, "I know, right?"

"Peggy was apart of S.H.I.E.L.D. Were your parents?" I raised an eyebrow and she shook her head, "Did they approve of it?"

Steve put simpler when Sharon stayed silent, "Did Peggy know?"

"She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you." The elevator arrives and Sharon gives us a thankful smile. "Thank you for listening to me."

"Thank you for all your help." I reply with a grateful grin.

"Anything for the Cold Shoulder and the man in stripes." Sharon laughed.

"Steve. There's something you gotta see." Sam told urgently.

"A bomb hidden in a news van..." A tv updates us right as Sam gestures to watch.

"Who's coordinating?" I stare at the screen.

"...ripped through the UN building in Vienna." The tv answers.

"Good. They're solid. Forensics?" Sharon adds.

The news anchor informs us, "More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous Hydra agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."

I stare at Steve and hesitate, "Nat was there."

"I better call her, let's go." Steve gestures us to follow.

"But the accords." My voice shakes with urgency, "I know you want to help Bucky but you know what will happen if you do."

"Yes I do. I know the risks." Steve looks at me as we hurry forward toward the hectic aftermath. "You coming?"