45. The Party

Later we go our separate ways, Tony and Bruce ask if I'll join them in the lab to talk about the scepter. When I dismiss the request Tony asks about Ultron. I deny again, but ask for updates later. The party is soon, I don't want anything to do with the lab when Loki's scepter is just in reach. I shower and clutch my damp hair with a towel. It's wavy still but not as wet as before.

Steve slides in after a polite knock, "You getting ready?"

I nod, "In the middle of it, yes."

"I apologize, I wish I did more than knock." He blushes slightly.

"Nothing you haven't seen before." I laugh a little remembering our last big battle regarding the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D, "Recognize the messy hair? Sams shower may have done me dirty as well as my own."

"I wouldn't call it messy." He compliments.

"What would you call it?" I smirk a little.

"You're always asking questions." Steve laughs before trying to escape my room to give me privacy, "I'll answer at the party."

I nod before he leaves, "Looking forward to the answer, Solider."

-

After I slip into something suitable for the party I join the mingling. Thor and Tony are chatting while Maria and Rhodey are uncomfortably leaving the scene. As I walk and scan the area I find Sam and Steve walking up steps. "I don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn." Steve is saying.

"Well, home is home, you know?" Sam replies.

"Moving to Brooklyn? Sounds exciting!" Steve clenches his jaw at the sight of me. I adjust my stance and smile, "Cat got your tongue, Solider?"

"He's seemed to have a loss for words." Sam laughs as he shakes my hand gently.

"Well he better find them quick, I never got my answer for earlier." I smile as Sam lays a hand compassionately on my shoulder. He strides off after the polite interaction.

"You look amazing." Steve sounds breathless, "Um not that this is unlike you everyday. I mean you always look great."

I laugh as he stutters, "And you look very handsome, Steve."

When he hears his name his cheeks flare red, "Uh thanks."

We glide toward the bar, "Should we reminisce?"

"It's like I'm reliving many of our fondest moments." Steve chuckles, "The cute wet hair and the drunken night I can only remember."

"Oh so you call it cute? Thanks for answering my question." I return leaning against the bar beside Thor.

"You two are flirtatious as always." Thor grins, "I admire the attire Isabelle Short!"

"Thank you Thor, we were just talking about that night after New York." I inform, "No flirting here, as of now."

"Ah the night I missed, still not aware of the event?" Thor recalls the secrets Steve holds. Drinks slide our way before the conversation continues.

"I keep a lid on it." Steve shyly replies.

"Some things you gotta have all to yourself!" A older man joins in.

"Ah stories are fond when shared though." Thor answers, "I tell tales to family and friends seconds after it occurred!"