57. Nostalgia

Being back here is weird. My old New York home is back to its old glory. A new owner as well lived within its sad walls. I'm sure the gloomy blue wallpaper is covered by something more uplifting. When I knock on the new door I grow nervous. My old door laid on the front lawn, this stood tall before me. A nice lady stands behind it, the door doesn't creek.

"Afternoon, can I help you?" Her presence is polite, she wears maroon and black pants. She looks as if she's about to go to a meeting.

I attempt a casual smile, "I lived here before, a couple of years ago..."

"Ah before the whole alien thing?" She smiles and I freeze. She noticed my tenseness and regrets, "My apologies I was being insensitive. I just was told a superhero lived here previously so..."

"No it's alright, I didn't realize I was famous." I smile to ease the women who is genuinely sorry. "I was just curious to relive my past I guess."

"Most supers do that I hear." The lady chuckles sweetly and opens her door wider. I slowly scan the area, it's not so different than before. Still darkly lit when the blinds are closed. Blue walls, wood furniture everywhere.

"This is practically the same..." I mutter as I spin to face the lady again.

"The tragic events of the attack made me really think. I wondered if the person that lived here before me would wander back home to get a glimpse of the past. I kept this place moderately the same just in case someone seeked nostalgia." The lady delicately traces the wooden entry way of the kitchen as she explains her sweet reasoning, "It's a understandable action of a person who goes through tragic events. Facing it is like a hero's epiphany."

"That's very kind." I reply as I check my old hiding spots. I smoothly don't find the guns and the women grins.

"You're the Cold Shoulder correct? Yeah I'm not a fan of violence which is why your little hiding spots were removed. I promise everything else is similar though." The lady laughs in defense, "I don't know your real name though."

"Isabelle." I reply blushing as she has caught me.

"I'm Amara Wolf." The women tilts her head. I nod slightly feeling queasy. My mind flickers red and the walls aren't blue anymore. Maroon is everywhere and the women's kind face stings in my brain.