52. Vision

Steve, me and the twins turn up at the lab after the chaos earlier. I gave everyone the silent treatment. I was unfortunately overheated. Maybe I shouldn't be called Cold Shoulder. Or maybe I should since I'm being very quiet regarding them being present. Everyone else is just as angry, Tony ignored Steve. Just as Wanda and Pietro predicted.

Steve barks as he strides up, "I'm gonna say this once."

Tony uses this for leverage, "How about "nonce"?"

Steve commands, "Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony replies with a click of his tongue.

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve grits his teeth.

Bruce glares, "And you do? She's not in your head?"

Wanda surprises me when she says, "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce threatens.

"I'd love to see that." I try not to smile.

"Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve tries to remind.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony interrupts.

Wanda snaps, "You don't know what's in there!"

"This isn't a game..." Steve's voice is rising.

"The creature...!" Pietro uses his speed to destroy the lab equipment as Wanda shrieks.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" He says in his thick accent before a bullet below crashes the glass Pietro is standing on. He falls through.

"Pietro!" Wanda screams.

Clint jokes, "What? You didn't see that coming?"

"Go ahead, piss me off." Bruce says to Wanda as he has a strong grasp on her. Tony grabs my arm and twists it before I can aim my gun at him.

"You remember the boxing ring? I beat you with ease." I threaten through my clenched jaw.

"I remember that you cried." He spats. "Who's side are you on? Your friends or lover boys?" A flash of red cape enters the room. Thor glides and within seconds he pounds the cradle with his hammer. The weapon sending a powerful bolt of lightning that brings the body to life. A figure appears above the destroyed cradle slyly.

"Wait!" We yell as the being becomes threatened and attacks Thor. They spin while brawling for a moment. Until the man stops before the windows swiftly. We sprint toward it urgently. I grasp my guns in ready position until the being speaks.

"I'm sorry, that was...odd." It apologies before looking at Thor, "Thank you."

Steve is confused when he snaps, "Thor, you helped create this?"

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at it's center is that." Thor points to the gem atop Vision's head.

Bruce repeats, "What, the gem?"

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor informs making my chest twist.

Steve hesitates, "Then why would you bring it to..."

Thor unexpectedly says, "Because Stark is right."

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce replies a gap.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor says.

"Not alone." The man adds, his voice all too familiar.

"Why does your "vision" sound like JARVIS?" Steve reads my thoughts.

"We...we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." Tony explains nervously.

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve responds.

Vision asks politely, "You think I'm a child of Ultron?"

"You were in his cradle." I defend.

"You're not?" Steve raises an eyebrow.

Vision protests calmly, "I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am...I am."

Wanda interrupts the newborn hero, "I looked in your head and saw annihilation."

Vision doesn't hesitate to reply, "Look again." His voice a melody of innocence as he responds.

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint crosses his arms.

"Find another way." I agree earning a glare from the twins.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor says.

Steve offers the ultimate question, "Is it? Are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple." Vision says.

Clint replies all too fast, "Well it better get real simple real soon."

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." Vision explains.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asks.

Vision puts simply, "You."

"Where?" Bruce questions.

Clint responds, "Sokovia. He's got Nat there too."

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce starts.

"What will you do?" He hesitates looking at each of us, "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Suddenly he holds up Thor's hammer and hands it to him, Vision walks off and we all stare in shock.

"Right." Thor smiles as he pats Stark on the shoulder in celebration, "Well done."

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve orders within the awestruck air.

Pietro nods, "And we'll do that quickly, but Isabelle-"

"What else do you have for me." I roll my eyes before facing the twins.

"We aren't fond of you either, Isabelle. But we're on your side of this." Wanda snaps, "Deal with it."

"I'd like you better if you weren't a bitch." I chuckle, "But I'm glad your mind games are on our turf."

Wanda is taken back so Pietro answers for her, "It's been a while since we've seen... you smile."

"Has it been that long?" I ask, the smile fading from my pink lips.

"Yes, we haven't seen you for a long time." Wanda responds slowly.

"I wish I could tell you why or how I left." I say carefully.

Pietro offers, "After this, we'll help remind you."

I smile softly, "I think you're my favorite out of the two." I point as my grin widens. Pietro laughs humbly and smiles at the ground.

Wanda snorts with tiny irritation, she plays along, "Ok, picking favorites I see."