102. He is worthy

Everything settles as Tony's voice echoes around me, "Come on, buddy. Wake up. That's my man."

I wince as I hear Steve cough a little ways close by, "What happened?"

"We messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see." Tony informs.

"Where's Izzy?" Steve asks fearfully before Tony can lead him out of the building.

"Here!" I sit up from the ground as I slowly recover from the blow. I'm in a grave like hole and when I pull myself up I see Steve's hand already ready to pull me up. We both grunt in pain as I'm yanked to their floor.

"You alright?" Steve worries.

"Yes, thank you." I barely nod as Tony ushers us to follow him. Thor is at an opening of the dismembered building and when we arrive beside him we notice where his eyes are landed on.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asks but doesn't look away.

Thor informs dryly, "Absolutely nothing."

"Are the others safe?" I gulp and then clench my jaw.

"Can't be sure..." Was all Tony could say.

"Where are the stones?" Steve questions.

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them." Tony answers.

"So we keep it that way." Steve remains serious.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor reminds.

"Yeah. And I don't much care." Tony growls.

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thunder hits as Thors clothes change and he flings out both hands to pull back both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir, "Let's kill him properly this time."

"We're taking him head on?" I mimic Thor and create a leather ice uniform with my powers.

"Look for the others." Steve ordered as I pulled my hair back into a ponytail.

"No I'm going with you." I argue without so much as looking at him. "We do this together."

"I like your attitude Shortie." Tony forces a smile and we make our way down to Thanos. I float down and then stride forward with the other three members. We're in eyeshot of the purple villain and tense with anger.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist." Thanos sits comfortably as he lectures.

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn." Tony counters.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do." Thanos stands up easily, "I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then– With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve bites back.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them." Thanos argues as the battle begins. In blinks each man hits the other. I put in my strikes but am thrown around along. No one could tell who had the upper hand. Not until I collided with the earth with a toss from Thanos. He had grabbed my whole head in his palm and thrown me against a chunk of rock.

Getting up I see Iron man stand ready, "Okay, Thor. Hit me."

Thor throws lightning at Tony's suit. It sucks up the energy and he reshoots it out using his suit. Thanos twirls his blade fast enough to divert the energy. Thor tries to hit Thanos but in the chaos Tony gets hit, "Tony!"

Thanos throws Steve away as he tries to attack. Thor still fights even when choked and thrown around. I crawl toward Steve weakly. He's grumbling and moaning to get up and I try to get up as well. I check and see Thor desperately grabs for his ax but it's pressed against his chest. He then reaches for his hammer and it starts to float off the ground. The hammer collided with Thano's helmet. It zooms around and passes by me toward Steve and I widen my eyes. Thor shouts as Steve is now standing with it in his palms, "I knew it!"

I inhale as he begins swinging it. I'm astonished as he charges toward Thanos with great confidence. How did he get up so fast? I could whistle. Thanos is knocked down by the thrown hammer as I stand up. Steve tosses his shield and the hammer over and over. Thanos is being hit left and right so harshly that I don't even want to interfere. Lightning strikes him and thuds are echoed around us. Thanos angrily strengthens, he removes his helmet, and stabs Steve on the leg. The hammer is tossed away as Thanos proceeds to destroy Steve's shield with his double-bladed sword. I sneer and begin running forward with my palms flaring with power. Steve tries to get up and as I'm closing in Thanos simply punches my nose. I cough up blood, "Shit."

"In all my years of conquest– violence– slaughter– It was never personal. But I'll tell you now– what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet– I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much." Thanos says and I yelp against the ground.

An entire army is summoned to the ground. Steve slowly gets back to his feet and I force myself up as well. I cry out to myself and command my feet forward. Alone we meet up at the top of a rock that previews the lines of enemy ahead. I weakly say as I stand beside him, "I'm with you."

Our earpieces fuzz with static. My brows furrow as I stare at Steve with curiosity. "Hey, Cap, you read me?"

"Did you hear that...?" Steve stops and looks around as I start to wonder aloud.

"Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?" I freeze as Sam becomes clearer.

A yellow portal begins to form behind us and I flinch as something emerges, "On your left."