92. 5 hours

I fly as quickly as possible. The sooner I'm there, the sooner I'm gone. When my feet hit the grass of the compound I blink at the large building I used to know. I enter with ease since I'm still in the database and I see Scott inside the Avengers Compound. I blink as he's pacing worriedly in front of Steve and Nat. I haven't seen him longer than them.

"Scott. Are you okay?" Steve asked as I approached without words.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He struggles for a moment before blurting, "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?"

"Only to make conversation." Nat jokes.

"I have a little." I suddenly say making everyone turn to me. Steve doesn't stiffen, he's relaxed in my presence. Though his eyes are shocked to see such a different face. Even though I was in rough shape the last time I wasn't as thin as I am now. Though I eat more my body has gotten twig like. Maybe it's because my muscles calmed. My hair mirrors my skin, pale and white. Maybe that's why he's shocked. It had brightened through the years so much that it became snow white. I wore a grayish gown that was comfortable but fancy enough. They saw in my eyes and could see the trap. My eyes glazed white, my pupils and iris hidden beneath. I looked wicked and sick, like a witch capable of sewing spiderwebs.

"You know about Quantium Physics?" Nat didn't even greet me when she asked.

"I am not as good as some." I replied nudging that Tony or Bruce were more likely to help them then me, "Am I here for that?"

"No. This is new." Nat only responded and turned her attention to Scott, "But more important it seems, listen if you will."

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my..." Scott struggles again, "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years." Nat empathizes.

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours." We all exchanged looks, Steve avoiding my unfindable eyes.

"I couldn't explain that." I admitted straight faced.

"See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable." Scott trails off, "Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving."

Scott eats Nats sandwich as Steve asks, "Scott, what are you talking about?"

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos." Scott informs and I feel the wind around me desperate to swirl.

"Wait, are you talking about a time machine?" Steve raises an eyebrow.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a... Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be...some w... it's crazy." Scott stammers.

"Scott, I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Nat eases.

"So who do we talk to about this? This skeleton?" Scott jokes and wind turns around me as if gravity malfunctions.

"I have a name." I replied softly, "We've met before. I'm Isabelle."

"You've changed a lot." Scott is shocked.

"I can't help you but I can assist someone who can." I suggest, "If we're all on good terms with Tony."

"Sounds like thats what we have to do." Nat nods, "Thanks Isabelle."

I took a moment to take in the area, "Yeah. Is that all?" I said while scanning the advanced tech. The building was the same but felt new. I didn't feel comfortable, or safe. Nothing felt like home, like Nat told me to come back for.

"I'd like for you to stick around." Nat explained. "You can look into the earthquake under Wakanda's ocean but I think we have bigger problems to deal with."

I gave a questionable look, "I'm rusty. If I wanted to help..."

Steve interrupted my hesitation, "We can train. You'll need it."

"I can make that choice for myself, Solider." My voice was hollow like my soul, every response unemotional and quiet. He seemed relaxed around me, avoided the awkwardness. I'm guessing he was focused enough on the Scott situation too much to care. Hearing about this idea was shocking I suppose. I didn't get my hopes up, I knew I couldn't. Steve led me down the halls to the old training room anyway. I didn't argue, there was no point to. Nothing felt worth it anymore. I couldn't feel at all.

"How have you been?" He broke the silence as the doors opened, a punching bag in the center just as I remembered.

I looked unamused at it as I had done a lot recently as I said, "Fine."

"I guess I could say the same." Steve smiled kindly, my shell froze colder at that. He moved his body toward the punching bag as if he knew it was the first thing I noticed. "Where would you like to start?"

"I didn't say I wanted to start anything." I simply reminded and he only nodded. The smile on his face wasn't at all the same as I remembered, but his eyes were glowing as always. I followed him anyway and placed a hand on the bag he stood close to.

"Well I sense you'll need help." Steve put carefully, "5 years of no exercise and everything."

"I didn't do anything physical." I felt my hand reject the bag, it pulled away on its own.

"You flew here though?" Steve didn't press when he asked, I finally met his gaze fully. I hadn't noticed I was avoiding it, "So you're using some of your powers."

My hands buzzed with warning as I answered, "I did."

"That's a start." Steve's smile warmed bright. No pain at all in his eyes. I could almost feel guilty. My body twitched in reminder and I returned frozen. "Are you alright?"

"Yes." I guess he could see my struggle. I felt my body angry again.

"We can train a little while Nat and Scott talk. I think he mentioned he had to use the restroom." Steve suggested kindly, "It's ok if you don't want to."

"Always so polite." I remarked softly, no hint of anger or sorrow reflected in my face. Steve gleamed a little but he caught himself quickly. "I'll train."

"Glad to hear it." Steve nodded respectfully, "I can join you if you'd like."

"Please." I encouraged blandly as he stepped back. I hesitated watching the bag. It swayed from the movement of Steve and my different positions. Creating a ice wrap around my hands I slammed my fist against the bag. Steve seemed impressed but I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to stop suddenly, didn't want him to observe. I hit again and again until the ice washed away. I felt out of control, looking at Steve I saw his pupils become smaller. I rubbed my wrists as I backed away from the bag.

"We can take a break. This is new to you." Steve ensured sweetly and I stared back. I wanted to prove him wrong. I felt chaotic energy burst in me as my fist collided with the bag making it fall to the ground with a loud thud. Steve backed away urgently, not moving his eyes from the bag. My palms flustered with power and I shook with shock. I hadn't felt that in such a long time that I wasn't used to it. I closed my a gap mouth and looked unamused again. With a forced straight face I dismissed myself.