94. Hulk?

Steve called Bruce immediately as we abandoned Tony's cabin. As leaves brushed past I felt the air settle slightly. I wanted to ask it what it was feeling as we left, what it thought of where we are going. My senses were flourishing like a wolfs. Steve got off the call and drove toward a place to eat. He said Bruce would be a while as we all unbuckled.

"I'd like Iz-Isabelle to stay for a moment." Steve added making me stiffen my movements. The air banged on the windows of the car after Nat and Scott left.

"What?" I sounded neutral as I questioned, like a child being confused on why the teacher had called on them in class. Steve faces me from the front seat. I leaned in to listen and he flustered.

"You sold your soul?" Was all he asked in the silent car. I took a moment to process. I had shunned all emotion in an ice lock, just as I had when Hydra tried to control my brain. After Thanos, I didn't want to ever feel that pain and loss again. I was saving myself from it. I had saved myself from it. My powers were strong, they cared enough. Like they had their own will.

"I didn't sell it. I concealed it." I answered truthfully. Everyone always looked at me as if I was mad. Tony has given strange looks, Nat and Scott avoiding my stares, and Morgan fearfully grabbing close to her father. But Steve looked at me with compassion in his pupils, his brows turning upward as if he understood.

"Are you safe?" He questioned after a long silence.

"My powers are like my jiminy cricket." I felt a uplift in my veins as if it were about to purr, "I can stop it if I wanted."

"You don't have to hide from it." Steve encouraged making me blink, "You shouldn't bottle things up, when we're here for you to pour any feelings you might have."

"You act as if no time has passed." I almost whispered and he smiled painfully.

"I was frozen for 70 years." Steve started making me queasy, "I have to move forward but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the past."

I opened the car door and he mimicked the action with quick panic, "You're such a hero."

"I'm sorry if I offended you." Steve and I stopped at the car doors. I took a moment to look at him, study his features. He looked taller and wiser. I couldn't help but take in the new him, it aged well. I feel like a child in his presence, had I been silly? As I continued walking, deep in thought, Steve followed me to the door. I stopped in front of it, turning my body to him.

"I appreciate the past too. That's exactly why I did it." I slide through the door. I didn't know if Steve would follow. The door shut behind me to my shock. Why hadn't he come after me. I turned uncomfortably only to see Steve approaching the Hulk. I froze the trembling feeling of my recent thoughts and stumbled to our table. Scott and Nat watched as I didn't take my eyes off the big green thing wearing a cardigan. When they followed my eyes they also stiffened in their places. I barely was able to take a seat while my focus was on the Hulk. He stomped through the door I just entered moments before, Steve flustered behind him as we were just watching.

They sat down and Steve looked apologetic, "I probably should've warned you all but I didn't picture this."

Bruce didn't notice Steve whisper as a women with a pad of paper came up, "I'd like as much breakfast as possible."

"Anything else?" The waitress hide her shaking as she smiled to the rest of us. We shook our heads politely and she scurried off.

"Isabelle! Looking good!" Bruce complimented and I widened my eyes.

"I'm usually greeted with comments on my ghostly appearance." I muttered and Bruce laughed loudly.

"I'm usually stared at." Bruce winked. "I expect it though. I'm not offended."