98. Fists in

My heart roared as well as the rest of my heating body. I was allowing my power to run with the unconfined passion I once froze. The unleash reminding me of my memories being cracked open all those years ago. As tears rolled down I took leaps toward the exit. The doors were so loud that Steve stopped from far down the hallway. I ran toward him with my old pupils and iris returned. It was mostly blurry so it was hard to see him but the shock was still visible through the leakage.

"Izzy. What happened?" Steve hurries to grab me, to see if someone had attacked.

"I feel different..." I smiled for a moment till guilt flooded. I pulled away knowingly. I was panicked but I mentally tried convincing myself it was ok to feel it. I had control over my powers, the ice was so tempting to conceal it all. I rested a hand over my beating heat and calmed down. I felt weak and I couldn't hear anything other than my thudding heart.

"I shouldn't have pushed you... at a time like this..." Steve cursed under his breath as he steadied me. I shook him off with full sight.

"There's no time for this. You're right." I told, "I'm fine, I'm already over it."

-

I had lied. I wasn't over it, I wasn't over anything. The grieving returned and so did the love I had. But I've learned enough these 5 years that I gotta focus first. Steve was right not to bottle things up but now was not the time. My friends could come back if I just gave it my all. So I wiped my tears and kept forward to return to the others.

"We'll talk later. But for now we gotta focus." Steve strutted with me, "They're ready to make the real plan."

"I couldn't agree more." I nodded seriously as we made our way quickly to the others. And when we meet up in the room of holograms displaying the different locations I felt my heart stop just as it did 5 years ago. The Soul and Power Stones in space in 2014. The Reality Stone in Asgard, 2013; and the Space, Mind, and Time Stones in New York City, 2012. The images were the places we aimed to go, I couldn't help but smile at Nat proudly.

"You smile now?" Nat blinked.

"Isabelle, you have something on your face." Thor gestured to his own, "Your skin isn't as pale and your mouths doing something weird."

"Focus." I snapped, "We know where we're going. Who's going where?"

"We need to do more than pick partners." Nat gestured to her notes.

"I'm going with you, Steve, Big green and Ant boy to 2012." Tony explained reading off the notes, "Nebula is going with Rhodey but so is Nat and Clint for the power stone. Rocket and Thor get the reality Stone."

Steve nods, "All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot."

-

After getting into our Quantum Suits, we stride up to the time machine in a large group. I remember the plan and replay the information in my mind until we're all circled up in the center of the machine. We put our fists in for a moment and I gulp down the fear, now being able to feel it. Steve looks at me with empathy before he goes into his lecture. I smile calmly as he inhales, knowing he's about to start. Like old times...

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Tony gives Steve a look, "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket admires Steve's speech.

"Right?" Scott grinned excitedly.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony ordered with his usual jokes.

"Tractors engaged." Bruce tells.

Everyone chats a little before Nat smirks, "See you in a minute."

"Touché." I grin and then the machine moves around us. In a flash we're through the Quantium realm. And then in the chaos of 2012 New York.