Πενήντα τριών

|Issaiah Love|

I tugged on the bottom of the skirt for what seemed like the hundredth time today since I'd stepped out of my car and started my shift. It cling to me tightly like a second skin and I hated it. Dame had put me in a different area today, taking me away from the bar. Merci told me that he's made a lot of changes since I'd been gone. Typical Dame always trying to change shit up never happy with keeping things the way they are.

"It's going to be a long night."I whispered to myself as I walked around the club to find new customers to service."You gentlemen look like you could use a drink, what can I get for you tonight?"I asked as I walked up to the table that sat three guys who seemed to be ready to leave all of their worries in the past. My kind of customers.

"What do you recommend?"The oldest one out of all of them asked giving me almost direct eye contact. I made a mental note to stop by Dame's office to speak to him about this new uniform he was making me wear.

"I don't drink so I'm not the best person to ask?"

"What's the most popular drink ordered?"

"Sex on the Beach, but you look like the type to want a masculine drink."

"Sex on the beach sounds good."He rubbed his hands together as he bit his lip. Rolling my eyes, I wrote it down and turned to the next one.

"And for you, sir?"

"Shot of henny and a beer from the tap."

"Got it. What's your pick of poison?"

"Club soda for me."My eyes gravitated to his with a raised eyebrow. Rarely did people come in here and not drink. It's a club.

"Designated driver?"A small smile sat on his face as he flipped something with his fingers. He then raised it revealing a chip he'd acquired from AA.

"More like recovering alcoholic."

"How long have you been sober?"

"A little over a year."

"Congrats."

"Thanks."

"No problem. I'll be back with your Sex on the Beach, shot of  Hennessy and beer from the tap, and a club soda."I walked away knowing that they were all staring at my ass. Typical men. Going up to the bar, I called out to the girl that took over for me while I was gone.

"Yo Bianca, I need a Sex on the Beach, a shot Hennessy, beer from the tap and a club soda!"

"Coming right up, babe!"

Merci said that she was cool so I wasn't going to hound her like all the other ones Dame tried to switch me with. He claimed that the club would do better if I was a bottle girl, showing my face more and servicing the men. The club was doing just fine without me being in every guy's face pretending to care if they were comfortable.

There have been times when I wanted to quit because I wasn't just some pretty face and sexy body to flaunt around in the club. The money was just too good for me to give up though.

"Who ordered the Sex on the Beach?"

"Some guy trying to be cute and funny while looking stupid."

"Let's make it real sexy then."

"I like her."I told Merci as she walked over.

"I told you, she's not like the other chicks."

"Definitely not."

"Let me get a shot of whiskey?"I shook my head not believing that he was actually doing this right now. The time that I wanted him around me and to treat me like I meant a lot to him, he couldn't. The second that I drop him and put him at a good enough distance, he want to run back and ask for my forgiveness? Niggas are always on some fuck shit.