Say Your Goodbyes

We had gone back home.
Eden insisted on making sure everything was perfect for when Skylar left.
Our 19 year old fledgeling was ready to leave the nest and head for colledge. I was proud of her.
She didnt have to hunt.
And she knew that.
She can be happy now.
She can go to Harvard and learn to be a doctor, just like she's dreamed of.
I was so proud.
But Eden was in a frenzy.
She insisted that her baby be safe and fed before she left. Therefore I caught her in the kitchen at 3:45 am, making a lunch bag for Skylar's road trip.
"Hon, what are you doing?"
"Trying to get everything ready. Did I wake you?"
"No, I had to pee. How much sleep have you gotten?"
"I dont need it, I'm an angel."
"Babe."
"Im just trying to make everything perfect for when she leaves!"
I smiled at her. She was so sweet.
I chuckled softly and walked over to her. She had put her hair up, and a few strands had fallen loose, so I tucked the stray hairs behind her ear and kissed her cheek.
"I'll help you. What do you need done?"
"Luna, you need sleep."
"Say what you want, it wont make me move from this spot."
I shifted my position, and planted my feet, to prove my point.
Eden finished the pan she was washing, then scrubbed her own hands with soap.   She rinsed her hands, and sauntered over to me
, her hands dripping with water.
With an unbelievable strong grip, she grabbed then front of my T shirt and pulled me into a rough kiss. She didnt let my shirt go until I had to flare my gills to show her that I need air.
I smiled flirtatiously, winked, and licked my lips. That got a laugh out of Eden.
After a long silence, of her waiting for me to leave, she finally figured it out.
"What ever happened to the pack?"
She asked.
Oh. The pack.
"They still want to hunt. I sent a few of them out on demon runs.
And no, dont worry. Your brother's demons know how to hide themselves and get away."
"Who'd you get?"
I pulled out my phone.
"I have a list somewhere.....got it!
Hm. Lets see.. Alot of other monsters, apparently.
Hibiscus, a Dracnea female.
Dusk, a Werewolf male.
Honey, an Arachnea female.
Coral, a Mermaid.
An Angel, by the name of Cerius, a guy.
A Kitsune female, by the name of Lacy.
Another Werewolf male, named Dawn.
Four Sirens, all men. My brother and three others named Riptide, Abalone, and Silver.
And ten humans.
2 males, Thomas and Jared.
8 females. Justice, Cinnamon, Carrie, Sherry, Samantha, Kenzie, Anabeth, and Astrea.
A lone shape shifter male, named Kyle.
2 Amazonians named Destiny, and Sapphire.
A witch, male by the name of Chris.
2 familiars, both guys named Curt and Shay.
And one vampire. A female, named Shela."
"But... All the differemt species,that wouldnt cause a fight?"
"They made an oath. I was there.
Anyone who fights another member is out of the pack."
She smiled.
"Im proud of you, Moonbeam."
"Its to help everyone else. I didnt do much else other than gather them."
"You know how important that is to the monster world? Honey, our children are hybrids! The peace we want is almost achieved!"
"Well...."
"Im just saying, you got a werewolf and a vampire to peacefully coexist in your pack."
"Our pack."
"Still."
I had never thought about it.
She was sent to burn all the devilish things in this world, and here she was, married to a monster, with three kids.
"I.... Never though about it that way. Is ... That bad?"
I was confused. She technically abandoned her mission.
"No! Not at all! I dont want to go back to being alone. Heaven was more of an army then a family. They do nothing but speak of how to fight. I came down and did my job, and then I met you.. And I realized there was so much more to life than battle. I still kill evil. I just do it in my own way, with the woman I love."
I smiled amd shuffled over to her. I leaned into her side, and she smiled. "I wouldnt change it for the world, darlin." I said with a smile, and wrapped my arms around her neck, in a gentle embrace. She turned to face me, and pressed against me lightly.
"Not a thing, huh?"
She asked, and
She smiled.
"Well, me too.
And now we have three beautiful children, soon to be four."
"Yep."
I looked down amd smiled. In the last few weeks it had started to look like I swallowed a globe.
"Our beautiful little flying fish."
She laughed.
I Smiled.
I eventually got to helping her around the kitchen, and cleaning up the counters and such. I wouldnt let her do this alone.

Finally, at 7:00 our daughter walked into the kitchen. Eden ran over and hugged her tight.
I just watched. She really was a spitting image of her mother. Her vivid blue eyes, freckle specked cheeks, and curly auburn hair. Yep. The only thing where her wings. Like mine, they where shaped more like a hawk, and meant for fast, light flights.
"Morning, kid." I gently placed her coffee in front of her, the way she liked it. 2 cream 2 sugar. I also added a little bit of fireball when Eden wasnt watching.
She took a sip, swallowed, and looked at the mug. "What did you-"
"Shhh. Fireball. Dont tell your mother."
She laughed.
I gently took something I had been saving for her in the cabinet, out.
"Here. I figured you might need this." it was a thin, rectangular box about a foot long.
She opened it and took the angel blade I had made for her. The handle was obsidian, with a small S carved into the top and filled with gold.
"Use it carefully, okay?"
"I will, Dad. Thank you."
"Youre welcome. If any boys screw with you, you can use it."
"Luna!" Eden scolded. "What? It'd be self defense."
"Behave yourself!" she said, warmly, stifling a chuckle.
Eden came over, and stood behind Skylar, running her hands through her hair.
"We're proud of you, honey."
She said gently.
Sky chuckled, embarrassed.
"Thanks, Mom."
I started to get dizzy, and I stumbled forward. Luckily I caught myself and sat down beside Skylar.
Eden glanced at me, concerned.
"Hon, can you go wake the boys?"
"I'll try." I got up and she came over to me.
She gently kissed me on the cheek. "Take something, alright? You're worrying me."
"I will."