PHASE 14 - IT WAS A NOT-SO-HORRIBLE SIGHT

Gate Guardian for Dummies Vol 2. It talks about Guardian Spells. Gate Guardians can cast a spell like all wizards in a fantasy game. We don't need a wand, instead, we only pronounce the name of the spell loudly and do the necessary gestures to cast it.

For example, in order to cast <Aero Twirl>, I will have to inhale a mouthful of oxygen and stab my sword to the designated target. You should try it at home, maybe you can cast it. Idiot.

There goes your daily dose of information dump. Savvy?

<>

My Monday morning continued with anxiety.

Jeannette was there, waiting for me at the bus terminal. She had her arms crossed and she had been tapping her shoes on the ground. When she finally noticed me, she had this cross-veins on her forehead.

"Just how tardy are you?" Jeannette irritatingly said.

I ignored her and proceeded to step on the bus. I'm looking for clues like those I had in my nightmare. I saw a newspaper that was being held by an old passenger, but there are no winning lottery numbers as of now.

"Why are you spacing out?" Jeannette's irritated voice. Both of us just seated together.

"Nothing. I just had... a bad dream."

"And now you're worried that it may come true?" Jeannette held her chin. "We don't know the true capabilities of your <Presage> so you should be careful. You might know the next winning lottery numbers!"

I was stunned for a moment there. Jeannette's wits are terrifying! I made a deep sigh. Maybe it will be better if I take some burden off my chest.

"Actually, I'm looking for one. Tell me if the winning combination is 123456."

Suddenly, I felt that my phone vibrated. I reached it on my left pocket and saw an unregistered number. It says "Good morning, Mr. Alaric Eisenhower. I want to say something to you at the cherry blossom tree near the gymnasium."

That cherry blossom tree is a famous place for confessions. I'm quite sure this message is from a creepy stalker so I'll get in trouble once again for this day. Somebody needs to call 911 because someone will fall down to a crippling depression!

An arrogant girl is going to get rejected by me, baby!

"Oh, a love chat~" Jeannette's eyes was full of interest. "I used to receive a lot of those back in Mirose Grande. I can still remember when you sent one for me."

"Shut up," I said. "We better not talk about the past again."

"Y-Yeah, right." Jeannette bowed down. "I can't imagine I ruined our friendship just because of that guy."

"At least be glad that I consider you as an acquaintance from now on." I smirked.

"H-Hey! I thought we were childhood best friends!?" Jeannette's voice came up. "I thought you have already forgiven me?"

"From 'Childhood Best Friends', you got demoted to a 'Total Stranger' because of what you've done two years ago. You helped me to grow stronger as a Gate Guardian, and you asked forgiveness so I gave you a promotion from stranger to an 'Acquaintance'. You should be happy and feel blessed." I said coldly.

"So now, you label your friends in a military-style ranking?" Jeannette's eyebrows irked for three times.

I made a smug. "At least I'm not Tiara who forces you to sing the Friendly Handshake."