PHASE 84 - THE LUCKY TYPHOON

This is the promised day.

No, it’s not what you think. This is not the day where we exchange our wedding vows to each other. Rikkun and I are still a senior high school couple, and it’s too inappropriate to think like that! (Although I really really really want to marry him since I’ve been waiting for this day for a million years).

Rikkun and I had a promise. We said to ourselves that we will see the fireworks at the Dradecim Festival again after all the problems have been solved. Technically, all of the problems have been solved except in matters of the twelve God Cores. We still have about four months left, and that’s plenty of time to find the last one.

That is why we ought to enjoy the event in full extent.

But no.

Sometimes, when the universe and destiny conspired against you, no matter how hard you try, you wouldn’t get what you want. But that doesn’t mean that you should give up. There is always some better alternatives that fate will surprisingly give you.

<>

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

It’s almost seven o’clock in the silent evening. The only noise I can hear is the clock ticking as if it’s tranquility before a storm.

I’m alone in my condo unit. Key-chan said that she will be staying overnight in Helena’s house because they’ll be playing ranked Mobage game until dawn.

I’m currently waiting for Rikkun because it’s the promised day. We will be seeing fireworks tonight to reminisce our childhood memory from the first timeline, so I made lots of effort just to look good. Actually, I have spent the whole afternoon testing twelve dresses in the mirror, worried about my appearance.

I have made my mind to wear a cute long white dress and a country straw hat. I know Rikkun loves my purity and innocence, so I’m sure he’ll blush the whole night if he saw me like this.

Ding Dong! The doorbell rings.

As soon as I opened the door, a handsome man presented himself. He’s wearing a comfortable buttoned polo-shirt and green shorts, with semi-formal leather shoes. He also has his blue jacket hanging on his arms.

“G-Good evening, darling.” Rikkun blushed as his emerald eyes targeted mine.

“G-Good evening too, Rikkun…” I returned the same stuttering greeting.

“Shall we go now?” My boyfriend asked.

“Yes~” I nodded with an innocent smile.

<>

The streetlamps are shining bright, lighting our way to this uncrowded street. Unlike most evenings, the city is quite busy at night because everybody is celebrating the festival.

We’re walking hand-in-hand together like all official couple would be. Actually, there’s a lot of couples around doing the same thing. Dradecim Festival is known for a great date event for lovers after all.

“Hey, what should we do first before the fireworks display?” Rikkun asked. “I don’t want to karaoke again like last time.”

“Why?” I pretended to be clueless, tilting my head.

“My voice sucks!” Rikkun curled his eyebrows as he continued to complain. “And you’ll criticize my singing again!”

I made a forced smile. Yeah, I really make fun of Rikkun whenever he sings. All my side comments about his voice are heart-piercing in a painful way.