PHASE 57 - GOLDEN FAKE GOD

Quick Trivia: Heushac Efilion’s Guardian Ability is <Ironwill>, which makes him immune to mental spells like mind controls insanity inducements and illusions. He will be a man of unshakeable ideals, but <Royal Imperative> can still work on him if the command given supports his will. It also makes him more tolerable to pain.

<>

I’m not feeling good. I feel dizzy and I have the urge to puke that delicious peanut butter stew we had last night. My stomach acids failed to digest the food.

What makes it worse is that my vision has been flashing static. My ears hear buzzing radio sound. It’s the sign that somebody will die according to my <Presage>. And even though we already know it, we’re charging ahead with full power.

We had to excuse ourselves from our afternoon classes to utilize this perfect opportunity for us to prepare our entrapment operation.

Our plan involves Tiara as our bait. She will talk to her twin brother and go with Diadem’s plan. I will be watching from a distance and have my <Presage> open in order to predict his movements. Heushac, on the other hand, will wait in Yami in case Diadem attempts to escape. He will be accompanied by Key as an <Evo Armor> since plain Heushac would be incredibly weak.

And Amy… She will be in charge of surveillance, talking to us via an earpiece. We all agreed to pull this operation in the condition that Amy will have the safest job in here. Right now, she’s on a sniping position of certain rooftop that has a great view of the park.

I was already in position, disguised as an ice cream vendor with a suave mustache. I know everything was just a prop, but Tiara has been buying my merchandise every time she finishes eating a cone. This gluttonous idiot will get my cover blown, so I purposely went away for a while. If my timing is right, Diadem will arrive thirty minutes from now.

Suddenly, there was this teenager wearing a black jacket with a red scarf walking casually and bought an ice cream from me. I never realized who he is until I his voice entered my ears.

“Looks like you guys are early for Jeannette Amiella Fontaine von Noctis’s funeral.” The Outsider said. I wanted to punch him more when he continued. “This time you’re helping her dig her own grave.”

“I won’t be using my bootleg God Core anymore. You said that I will be able to change fate, but Helena still died. I feel so stupid for trusting your words.” I said.

“Is that so?” The Outsider laughed and made a single lick on his ice cream. “Maybe you need a little love to twist fate a bit?”

“What the heck are you saying? Are you gay? I’m not interested!” I irritatingly said.

The Outsider laughed once again. “You really are a joker, Alaric the Arrogant. I’m talking about romance. You may have seen powerful gods, but you should still believe in one true God. And that is love. God is love.”

“Stop citing bible verses, you sound like a Jehovah’s Witness,” I said.

“Love was, in fact, the reason why I’m doing these crazy things. You should realize it too when the time is right.” The Outsider said as he licked his fingers after finishing the ice cream cone.

He walked away waving goodbye and disappeared like a ghost.

“Ric.” It was Amy’s voice on the earphone. “Are you okay?”

“I-I’m a bit woozy,” I said. “Did you hear the whole conversation?”

“What conversation?” Amy asked. “Listen, you’ve been spacing out a lot. If you’re not feeling well, let’s swap roles.”