PHASE 66 - TRAINING MONTAGE FOR GODDESSES AND IDIOTS

The archive room’s air was filled with dreading seriousness.

“Are you sure that there is a spell that can counter all seven God Cores?” Rikkun asked.

“Not all. There is a way to prevent Helena from using some of the God Cores at her disposal. She will stay as a threat, but the spell I know will be our first step to victory.” Key said in a straight tone.

“And how can we do that?”

“<God Chains>. It is a secret spell from the ancient Egypt that is used to seal gods by tethering a God Core with another God Core. If we are able to do it correctly, we can chip down Helena’s divine powers one by one. And when she’s weakened, that will be our chance to deliver the final blow.”

“So you’re saying that we need God Cores to disable her God Cores?” Rikkun said.

“Precisely,” Key said in a monotone. “One is to one God Core.”

I counted the God Cores at our disposal. We have Goddess Cores of Hel, Venus, and now, Haliya. That makes three. Helena has seven. We can seal her God Core in a one-is-to-one ratio. So seven minus three is…

…Uh...

I can’t do my quick maths here! Wait, let me use my fingers!

“There’s still four God Cores on her disposal. That’s still big trouble.” Rikkun said, saving me from the trouble in computing easy math on my dumb brain.

“Actually, there will be only three left,” Key said as she revealed her right hand. Particles of light gathered on top of it and then, it shaped a glowing pink Quintessence. It’s a Goddess Core.

“Key-chan, you…” I muttered.

“Apparently, I discovered that my main prana source is the God Core of Athena embedded in my body. It must have been implanted in my artificial heart by my creator so that I can become a perfect Gate Guardian with multiple abilities being powered by a Greek God Core.” Key explained.

“You’re amazing, Key-chan! I knew that you’re special!” I clapped my hands. Rikkun’s face is also filled with amazement and slight disbelief. But he’s impressed, nonetheless.

“Once the four goddesses use the <God Chain> against Helena at the very same time, there will be only three God Cores left. The last time we fought her with three God Cores, Kristoff died.” Rikkun said in a worried tone. “Do you still think we have a 50% chance?”

“Yes,” Key said. “Tiara can turn into a demigoddess and use <Assimilate> to absorb the rest. You, Alaric, has recently unlocked the new power of the <Heart of Light>, is it not? And also, Heushac is preparing a secret spell that can be used exclusively against his sister. So our chances of winning are 50.32% to be exact.”

“Woooooow!!!” I cheered once again. “You really sound like you know everything!”

“Of course,” Key said in a monotone. “<Infinite Wisdom> is granted upon unlocking the powers of Goddess Athena. I know every knowledge that has been recorded by humans since the Age of Gods. It’s like I can have access to a much reliable Wikipedia website by tapping invisible wifi on my brain.”

Hearing Key-chan’s deep words makes me look like a potato. An old useless potato that must be buried underground for being so stupid.

“So we’ll do that spell then!” Rikkun pumped his fist as he smiled. We both looked at each other and nodded.